• Sega DreamCast
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Game Cube
    • Sony Play Station 1
    • Sony Play Station 2
    • xBox Original
    • xBox 360
    • Other!

ok, im not much of a console player, although I have owned a few in my time, and have enjoyed playing on them..

im not talking about the handhelds, im talking about the none mobile type ;)

this poll ISNT 'which is your favourite' or 'which do you currently own/like'

this poll is about which one you think was the best, Taking into account the following factors..

A) Games on console's release / now

B) Console's "add ons" and upgradability

C) how useful the console was as 'something else' (post a reply ;) - interesting to know)

use a bit of common sence with the above and we should be fine ;)

What poll? Me no see one matey :suspect:

I've always been a fan of the Playstation, I have PS2 back at my parents in Sheffield but recently bought an Xbox360 over here, fantastic piece of hardware.. Sadly not enough games out yet..

What poll? Me no see one matey :suspect:

:? I see it on my screen :o

Very odd... or was that a hint of sarcasm??

No honestly it wasn't their when I posted :confused:

Probably my connection over here, somewhat lacking :hihi:

here's my reason I picked the DreamCast ;)

Sure, it was a simple console when it was released..

It had the funky memory cards you could take away with you and play mini games on whilst oyu were on the bus etc...

other than that, the DreamCast could do so much, it can be used as a router, it can be used for spying (I read stories of people hooking it up to networks under desks in offices, with a custom DC Linux, and using it to gain access to the office network(s) from home etc...

the dream cast can emulate without modifications, a Keyboard and mosue was available, and it was the first console to support Surround Sound (Unofficially though) because it was an Arcade console, however the machiens they sold residentially never had the Surround sound logo, and never shipped with a surround sound Cable, they could do it ;)

the games on the dream cast are Great, playable, and look good (even compared to some games today)

the Dream Cast can play mp3's, and various other things, way before home DVD players could.. ;)

there's just so much you could/can (still) do with a DreamCast

this is what i mean by picking the best console based on what it can do, not what your favourite is ;)

Neogeo - so good they just put them inside arcade machine cases and called them arcade machines :D

Atari 2600. One of the first mass market home consoles that revolutionised home gaming after those awful ping-pong TV games.

Amstrad CD32:hihi:

I would have put other consoles on such as...

Amstrad CD32,

Panasonic 3DO,

Phillips CDi

etc... but i thought i'd stick to the more main stream consoles, and besides, you can only have 10 poll options :(

No votes for the Playstation range yet? Where's all the Sony zealots at? :hihi:

Xbox 360 > PS2.

Yeh.

No votes for the Playstation range yet? Where's all the Sony zealots at? :hihi:

Xbox 360 > PS2.

Yeh.

Perhaps because the 'Sony Zealots' only live inside your mind, and those of us who do own PS1 or PS2 machines can acknowledge other consoles, and thus realise that the true genius era of console gaming is not now, but was the early 90s when Sega and Nintendo dominated with the Mega Drive and SNES. There is a very good reason why retro gaming is so big at present, and that is because those consoles were to die for. The games are still as immensely playable now as they were then (currently loving playing the 'Strike' games on my Mega).

I wanted to choose 2 options, both SNES and MD, but as there was only 1, I went for MD.

vsmile console :hihi: :hihi:

less than 50 quid too, and you get a game with it... bargain!! :hihi: