Northern General Management - short sighted

I find it laughable that the management at Northern General Hospital were unable to predict the shambles that would ensue when they started charging their 7000 staff for parking.

So, everyone parks on the streets of Firvale instead. Surprise?

I was there in August with my father and he was telling me then what was going to happen. He's an 80+ year old pensioner with no background in facilities management.

How the 'eck could you have been taken by surprise, Mr. Riley?

Here's how i see it.

NHS Management Targets

1. Massage figures so that all annual tragets (and bonus') are met.
  2. Patients are a nusance.. Cut back on front line staff.
  3. Give workers a pay rise, then claw it all back by changing the staff conditions of work (ie no free parking)
  4. Constantly bang on about community relations... then crap all over them when it suits you.
  5. Make sure coffee machine is management staff room is fully stocked. Especially with exotic and expensive coffee's from around the world (this shows how 'progressive' the 'facility' is to it's 'clients') ?!?!?!
  6. Realise that the current NHS is not sustainable, so milk it for all you can while the going is still good.
  7. Blindly follow every order from central government even though you know this will hurt patient care.
  8. Sign as many over-priced 25/50 year contracts with private companies as you can (refer to point one!)

Noting against the front line staff (from my experience the majority are hard working and caring people), it's just the bean-counters I hate, I've met a few down the years and almost universally there all spanners ( <--- carefully chosen word).

I find it laughable that the management at Northern General Hospital were unable to predict the shambles that would ensue when they started charging their 7000 staff for parking.

So, everyone parks on the streets of Firvale instead. Surprise?

I was there in August with my father and he was telling me then what was going to happen. He's an 80+ year old pensioner with no background in facilities management.

How the 'eck could you have been taken by surprise, Mr. Riley?

It's just down to sheer arrogance

What makes me laugh is that they have the cheek to patronise their staff for parking on the streets, well excuse me who's fault is that they're there in thge 1st place, what do you expect when a large employer 1000+ staff simply withdraws and restricts its parking facilities overnight. Talk about creating a situation that wasn't there in the first place.