Herries road, how long before it happens?

As far as I can see, you can park on the NGH side of Herries Road, but not opposite. However, there's absolutely nowt to tell people not to park 2 ft from the junction with Longley Lane, which is a pretty dangerous place to stop (filter lane/bus route/corner - take your pick). :mad:

they must have given her a ticket based on the rules of not parking next to solid whites. guess that dont apply now theve changed the markings, unless they put up plates saying otherwise.

Yeah, it was based on those rules. :confused: I think quite a lot of people could get caught out by that though, as we all tend to look for the double or single yellows and signs! :huh: Luckily, she's back to her normal routine at the RHH, and never takes her car.

There are double yellow lines most of the way up now though. I think it is much better now than it was. Poor workers though, they will have to just park a bit further away and block up other people's roads. :rolleyes:
Much better for................? Obviously you don't mean the nurses. They'll just have to walk a bit further in the dark to start or finish a shift at some god awful hour! :mad: Its not about parking on the roads, its about people who took jobs, working unsocial hours, on the basis that they could drive to work and park, then the rules got changed. :rant: Some of them won't be on decent public transport routes or live near enough to walk.

Tell me about it. I did it for several years at RHH. i very often had to park my car way down the side streets, surrounded by trees and high walls. Not nice to walk back to on a 2am finish. work did provide us with attack alarms, only actually any good though if someone is around to hear it! public transport was not an option, living 10 miles away with no decent bus service. Yes! I had a £20 per month permit, but didnt gaurantee a space in the multi-story run by a private company and shared by the general public. My 4pm-2am shift was a classic for not being able to get in the carpark i paid £20 a month for.Ultimately, one of the reasons I changed my job.