Herries road, how long before it happens?

i drive a 7.5 ton truck and always have difficulty on this stretch of Herries Road and on occasion may have hit a wing mirror or two on the parked cars....Although they shouldnt be parked there so they only have themselves to blame if they get a ticket or get damaged....situation gets no easier when you turn onto to Norwood near the bus stops

The white lines do not have to be solid, the Highway Code makes no distinction between dashed and solid, it merely stipulates no parking where there are double white lines.

have heard on the grapevine there was an e-mail sent to all NGH staff saying that double or single yellows will be appearing on Herries Rd and Norwood Rd in the very near future.

Nearly got run over the other day by some tw*t parking on the pavement - had to walk on the grass to get around him!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that Sheffield City Council are going to send Sheffield Teaching Hospitals the bill to foot the cost of putting down these parking restrictions, as these have only become necessary since STH has changed its car parking policy. I dont see why the Sheffield tax payers should foot the bill.

If the Council had control over bus routes, like they do in London, they could make sure more buses went to NGH and therefore reduce parking problems. As it is, no-one can make First or Stagecoach put on more services.

i live in the norwood estate rite next to the ngh and its hellish!!!! between 1 and about 5 our road is chokka i had no idea about the parking permits in the hospital untill the traffic on and around our road became unbearable, the buses around here have also had to altered routes because of it, they should have let the residents know!

If I lived on Norwood road, I'd see if I could make some money from this, there often seem to be empty driveways at some of the houses on this road. I bet some people would rather pay one of the residents to park on their drive way (if it's not being used) than give their money to the Trust (on principle).

This spot is getting more and more dangerous- the yellow lines can't come soon enough (but yellow lines are irrelevant if nobody actually gets a ticket aren't they?).

If I lived on Norwood road, I'd see if I could make some money from this, there often seem to be empty driveways at some of the houses on this road. I bet some people would rather pay one of the residents to park on their drive way (if it's not being used) than give their money to the Trust (on principle).

well that already happens around the hallamshire. Ive seen ads on the noticeboard advertising driveways for parking rent.

The council seem to have alleviated this problem by taking out the 2 lane stretch up the hill and making Herries Road one lane in each direction. The double white lines habe been replaced by a single broken white line...

Thats very interesting that they've been changed. :huh: I take it that this means people can park without fear of getting booked? My daughter, who's a nurse, was working at both the RHH and the NGH. A few weeks ago she parked on Herries out of desperation and got ticketed by the police. She'd looked for yellow lines - none, and seen other cars parked there regularly so took the chance and got booked. :mad:

they must have given her a ticket based on the rules of not parking next to solid whites. guess that dont apply now theve changed the markings, unless they put up plates saying otherwise.

There are double yellow lines most of the way up now though. I think it is much better now than it was. Poor workers though, they will have to just park a bit further away and block up other people's roads.