Sheffield bands - who's the best?

I love loads, so I can't possibly just pick one. However, there's about two, that I really think are rubbish.

Now you've got us intrigued. Who?

Vitamin Z

mantank

these guys will blow your minds

i should now

im the drummer lmfao

wanna give north of watford (young indie band), the saga (punk rockers) and green man says go (indie/electro) a listen, there brilliant

I saw a brilliant performance at the Green Room a few weeks ago - boy/girl combo a la 'Whire Stripes', he on guitar she on drums/percussion. They were bloody marvellous but I can't remember the name. I spoke to the drummer after and I'm pretty sure they're local.

Can anybody name them please?

slow club but i was beaten to it, i really like their stuff

http://www.myspace.com/slowclub

someone mentioned van, i saw them once and they were totally blown out of the water by vegas child i'm afraid. Weren't on their game that night, the fact they were the only band on that night that got a big intro from the MC made the crowd dislike them before they even played a note i think

Now you've got us intrigued. Who?

I don't feel it's right to put it on a thread. After all, it's only my opinion.

It's either 65 Days of Static, Mirimar Disaster or maybe Little Miss Machete. I'd have to say that 65 Days of Static just edge it when they have the video screens live. They're SO good live.

little miss machete are no more....

hmmm 65 days have lost their shine for me, i downloaded a usa show from the divx site that as just closed down.each track just melted into one another and it was just a bit to annoying for me.

on the other hand m disaster have just come out of the studio and hopefully fingers crossed should have a great follow up album..any idea if they have a vocalist sorted out yet?

another band worth mentioning is flatlands...hopefully their new material is just as good as their other stuff.......

Artificial Intelligence.... :love: :love: :love:

Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove

say no more :cool:

I have nicked this from a Blades fan site, but hey shhhh. No one knows.

Anyway, I just wondered what you guys and girls favourite Sheffield band is, bar the Monkeys because they're the most well-known.

Having very limited knowledge I would say Little Man Tate, for their sound and lyrics.

I like lyrics which describe things and places in Sheffield, it helps you relate to them.

But here's the selection of some you may have heard of, and some you may not.

Over to you folks.

Little Blondes...i've forgotten their exact name, doh.

Bromheads Jacket

Little Man Tate

Little Ze

The Wanted

Milburn

Stoney

Reverend & The Makers

The Hosts

The Haze

The Harrisons

Gas Club

Dead World Leaders

The Chartists

Phil Brodie Band are a tremendous act. Even if you ignore the fact that Phil can really cut it, anyone who turns up at a gig with a 1964 Fender Stratocaster, a 1958 Gibson and a 1963 Telecaster has to be worth seeing.

Oh..

Saw Roger at the Moon on Saturday.

Damned fine band to see for nowt!!!

Tiny Dancers...love breath it in, check them out on MySpace.

Apart from that I hear good things about The Dodgems and The Stoops ae great considering the members are only 16-18.

Anyone got anyone else to recommend?