Look North Cock up!!

DOn't know where you've got that idea from. Liverpool and Newcastle definately havn't surpassed us by lightyears.

Are you sure? There is a heck of a lot of regeneration and new building going on in Liverpool, particularly on the waterfront with Kings Dock Arena:

http://www.forties-design.co.uk/photos/night5/Dsc_0071.jpg

This is a rooftop one I took last week, note the number of cranes:

http://www.alchemistresearch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/liverpool.jpg

Unfortunately the rest of the place is still a dump.

Did anyone else just hear harry on look north say these are the christmas lights in meadowhall in leeds? Silly man it's always leeds on there isn't it!!!!

No doubt "Look Leeds" will be claiming the Arctic Monkeys are from Hunslet and Pulp came from Roundhay.

as a leeds loiner i have to rave about the place. however sheffielders should not feel down hearted about sheffield. the city has many good points

including one of the best things in the world...meadowhall.

as for harry gration i cant say a bad word about the chap. im one of his biggest fans. maybe we could start a harry gration fan club. and as for christa she is gorgeous.

I love Harry too! :love: I've loved him since I was a little girl. I'm sure the mistake wasn't Harry's fault. I think evil Christa told him to say it!

Are you sure? There is a heck of a lot of regeneration and new building going on in Liverpool, particularly on the waterfront with Kings Dock Arena:

http://www.forties-design.co.uk/photos/night5/Dsc_0071.jpg

This is a rooftop one I took last week, note the number of cranes:

http://www.alchemistresearch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/liverpool.jpg

Unfortunately the rest of the place is still a dump.

Have you not noticed the huge regeneration in Sheffield? if you have a look here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=647 you can read about all the projects in Sheffield (an other cities).

^^And most of those cranes are all from the same development.

Whats The Premier And A Cordless Drill Got In Common? No Leeds

Looked on as a large town? In who's opinion? Sheffield is one of the Seven Core Cities in the UK, so it can hardly be regarded as a large town, by any stretch of the meanest imagination. Although, if we're going to be constantly using Greater Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool as our template, I'd rather be regarded as a large town quite frankly.:cool:

Look North is a joke really, poor old Harry, I bet Christa made him say it :hihi:

Ruby in the outside world, London, and corporate Britain, we are behind full stop. we used to be regarded as one of the top cities, but i think that was during the years before thatcherism and the steel industries. we were recognised as a leader in the world for steel. now i think the only thing going for us is music talent. Manchester has always been the 3rd largest city, but Leeds, newcastle and liverpool have surpassed us dramatically. if you want sheffield to be regarded as a town with a town mentality than thats alright for you but i hate when people look at us in a negative light, eg documentaries, films etc. londoners look as us as country bumpkins. As for look north and there commentaries, it is clear evidence that even our northern bredrens look at us badly.

Did anyone else just hear harry on look north say these are the christmas lights in meadowhall in leeds? Silly man it's always leeds on there isn't it!!!!

I Hate Leeds and my family come from Peterborough and they Hate Leeds:mad:

DOn't know where you've got that idea from. Liverpool and Newcastle definately havn't surpassed us by lightyears.

Sheffield is a bigger city than both of these, and has a higher GDP than both.

The only thing that lets Sheffield down is it's city centre retail offering (as it does in Liverpool too at the moment), and there's some massive projects to sort that out and bring it into line with places like Leeds and Manchester.

Liverpool city of culture, despite the race killing of Anthony Walker.

They even have a china town for gods sake.

Newcastle has definately surpassed us on every aspect. have you been up to St James Park yet. Also the architecture, Quayside, job prospects, not to mention Biker Grove.

At least here in Leeds we have a decent football team.

londoners look as us as country bumpkins. As for look north and there commentaries, it is clear evidence that even our northern bredrens look at us badly.

"Londoners look on us as country bumpkins". And why is this bad? If it keeps them away - fine. And the word is brethren. Don't give them any more ammunition.

"Londoners look on us as country bumpkins". And why is this bad? If it keeps them away - fine. And the word is brethren. Don't give them any more ammunition.

It is bad because we are supposed to be the 4th or 5th largest CITY in England. I take offence because i do not live in the countryside and i am not backward as that is what they trying to state.

I personally think more Sheffielders migrate to London than Londoners migrate to Sheffield although we do get a lot of students staying after they have finished there studies. Reason why i pronounced it that way is because it is used in street slang as it is pronounced, i know how to spell it i was just lazy thats all.