Dark and White Peak Day Walks

Hi All,

My folks are coming into Sheffield from Canada and so I thought I ought to take them on a few day trips in and around the Peaks. I was hoping to do one trip in the Dark Peaks and one in the White.

For the Dark Day, I was thinking of taking the bus out of Sheffield (Route 51) to Lodge Moor, walking up to the Redmires reservoir, then up to Stanage Pole, along the Stanage Edge and then down to the Fox House Pub (via either Burbage Edge or Carl Wark) for a pub meal, pint, and bus back to Sheffield.

Anyone have any estimates for how long that should take?

Also, any ideas for day trips using public transit to some White Peak areas? We're not looking for anything overly difficult as we will be toting a 7-month old in a backpack.

Thanks

Hiya

Not sure about the route or timings after Stanage Edge but instead of walking along the road from the bus stop to Redmires you do this walk

here

Cross the road when you get off the bus and go down the bridleway. Left at the next path and keep to the high route which will take you to the top of Wyming Brook. Go down the brook, left at the bottom, along the path then left again and across the moors to the Headstone, then across to Redmires. It will add a couple of hours but is much better than walking up to Redmires on the road

Aren't we lucky having such utterly different geological wildernesses to explore? I grew up in Kent and it was nothing but boring old chalk.