People in disabled spaces at valley centertainment

i dont begrudge disabled parking spaces as you need the extra room for wheelchairs, ect.

but why do they have to be closest to the entrance??

if you can ride around meadowhall you can ride around the car park.

oh and dont park in any abled spots or i will have you clamped.

That is a discusting view on the matter

Not every disabled person is in a wheelchair, you are aware of that arent you?

I have a disabled Mum, Dad, Brither AND sister and if there are other spaces we dont mind parking there but when people are parked in disabled spaces, and are not disabled, it is completely uncalled for

This was offensive

Would those who object to disabled parking bays would like to take on our disabilities?........because I would swap places with you able bodied lot any day of the week.

Foo, the blue badge only allows parking for three hours at a time. Not all day.

Would those who object to disabled parking bays would like to take on our disabilities?...

Yawn...

...crap argument (if it warrants even describing as such)...

...so you would like me to give you £1,000,000 'cos I'd rather be able bodied than a millionaire, get a grip sunshine...

...why not try, "well, when you're older..."

Sorry, I've heard it all before, and it only comes out when you (collective) haven't got a better argument to hand.

:?

Trolling is not big and it's certainly not clever :rolleyes:

Owdlad, what happened to your "other" forum? Doesn't look very healthy these days. Is that why you're back here?

Trolling is not big and it's certainly not clever :rolleyes:

owdlad, I'm sorry you think I'm "trolling", I'm not...

...throughout this thread I've backed the proper responsible use of both disabled, and parent and toddler bays...

...whilst all you seem to have added is a tired cliche...

...I'm sorry again, but from where I am, you are the one closest to a "troll" on this thread.

:wink:

People who park in a disabled space should have to show the blue badge or as Paul suggested get clamped and made to pay a release fee, but people who abuse the sustem such as family or friends shopping without the person the badge was provided for should also be made to pay a fine.

I have a neighbour who had a blue badge for her daughter(quite rightly) but after she takes her daughter to school she goes off shopping, parks in the disabled spaces and quite happily toddles off without a care in the world.

People who park in a disabled space should have to show the blue badge or as Paul suggested get clamped and made to pay a release fee, but people who abuse the sustem such as family or friends shopping without the person the badge was provided for should also be made to pay a fine.

I have a neighbour who had a blue badge for her daughter(quite rightly) but after she takes her daughter to school she goes off shopping, parks in the disabled spaces and quite happily toddles off without a care in the world.

I agree, she ought to have the badge withdrawn, for the abuse of the privilege.

If she were parking for her daughter, then it's not an issue, but if she's taking off, and using the badge for herself, after dropping daughter at school, then she definitely ought to be "stopped-off".

I don't have any problem with, and don't use disabled parking spaces myself, but I would be interested to understand the proportionality of the spaces. This by no means applies to all venues, but to take some of the popular ones, Meadowhall, Centertainment and any given supermarket, these all seem to have a large amount of disabled spaces allocated - possibly disproportionate to the amount of people who need them?

Can anyone tell me how the decision is made to allocate them (is there a legal requirement to provide x spaces per x total?). It would seem sensible to take the amount of registered blue badge holders within a city limit, then the total number of registered drivers and come up with an percentage figure... e.g. if every 1 in 100 drivers is a blue badge holder, then should 1 in every 100 spaces be allocated?

It can be a touch frustrating to be driving around your chosen venue angling for a space when there are disabled spaces free (as I said above -I DON'T use them) and (I don't want comments like 'we need so many for all the non-eligible people who use them'). I have to say that at Abbeydale Road Tesco the system seems fairly well respected, but on occasions when the rest of the car park is rammed, there can be a large amount of D-spaces free... (Is there a case for time-allocated D-spaces? Though these would need to be effectively policed)

I'd just be interested to know how this sort of thing is worked out - and whether the system is fair to everyone?... it could equally be that when determined mathematically we don't have enough D-spaces.

Finally, like a few others on here, I also would like to know the necessity for ALL D-spaces to be so close to the entrance of the venue... as has been rightly pointed out, disabilities come in all shapes and sizes, therefore all do NOT require this proximity to their destination. Should there be some further classification within the blue badge system, and the distribution of spaces be wider?

Small aside - On 3 seperate occasions in Sheffield I have seen the police parked in disabled spaces... but I think that's a whole different thread...

I agree, she ought to have the badge withdrawn, for the abuse of the privilege.

If she were parking for her daughter, then it's not an issue, but if she's taking off, and using the badge for herself, after dropping daughter at school, then she definitely ought to be "stopped-off".

PT, in what way is it fair to riscind the disabled daughters permit because her mother has been misusing it ?

As birdsandbees says "should also be made to pay a fine", notably fine the mother, she's the one who did wrong, why pick on the duaghter ?