People in disabled spaces at valley centertainment

who aren't disabled, i spoke to security and apparently there is noithing they can do.

anyone know the legalities of letting tyres down!!!

its good to know that security cant do anything.

i know where im parking next time.....

thanks for the info

The security people may not 'be able to do anything' but any landowner can clamp people not showing blue badges in disabled spaces- all it takes is a sign up to warn people that they will be clamped and the release fee.

If they can do it at Meadowhall, then they can do it at Centretainment.

i dont begrudge disabled parking spaces as you need the extra room for wheelchairs, ect.

but why do they have to be closest to the entrance??

if you can ride around meadowhall you can ride around the car park.

oh and dont park in any abled spots or i will have you clamped.

This is avery touchy subject with me, it drives me nuts to see parking in a disabled spot, with no badge, and i can't help say things within earshot of teh person, i'm going to get myself into trouble one day!

I used to look after two autistic kids and there mum fought for a blue badge, and quite rightly so, but what does annoy me is that the mum uses it when she's on her own nipping to tesco.

I do not agree with parking in disabled spots if you are healthy and no matter how much of a rush i'm in, i'd rather miss 5 mins of the film and park further away and walk.:rant: :rant:

If you're not disabled and park in one of the spots, it would be poetic justice if you broke both legs as soon as you get out of your vehicle.

i dont begrudge disabled parking spaces as you need the extra room for wheelchairs, ect.

but why do they have to be closest to the entrance??

if you can ride around meadowhall you can ride around the car park.

oh and dont park in any abled spots or i will have you clamped.

Here we go again, to be disabled you have to be in a wheelchair. :loopy: When will people recognise there are many different types of disability, some not visible. For the record, I'm not disabled and I'm very thankful that I don't need to park right at the door anywhere. :rant:

There have been discussions about this many times previously on the forum and the same ignorance of disabilities has been shown before.

who aren't disabled, i spoke to security and apparently there is noithing they can do.

anyone know the legalities of letting tyres down!!!

yeah - dont bother letting them down - just get a valve key and take their valves out

they wont be going anywhere ina hurry lol

Here we go again, to be disabled you have to be in a wheelchair. :loopy: When will people recognise there are many different types of disability, some not visible. For the record, I'm not disabled and I'm very thankful that I don't need to park right at the door anywhere. :rant:

There have been discussions about this many times previously on the forum and the same ignorance of disabilities has been shown before.

yes there are - but there are also many types of **** takers - like the person who has a disabled relative so they abuse the badge and put it in their car claiming they drive them around

or people i know who dont work and get benefits for bad backs - yet can put a santa on their roof at christmas or mend a washing machine.

Makes me ****ing sick

yes there are - but there are also many types of **** takers - like the person who has a disabled relative so they abuse the badge and put it in their car claiming they drive them around

or people i know who dont work and get benefits for bad backs - yet can put a santa on their roof at christmas or mend a washing machine.

Makes me ****ing sick

Yeah, I know there will always be the ones who abuse the system and they really p**s me off too - but I'd rather not sink to their level - so I won't take up a disabled space cos I'm not entitled to it. I just hope that someone who genuinely needs them gets to park in them.

How about this scenario - Tesco's is open 24 hours - if its fairly late, say 10pm, there are loads of disabled spots free which are nearer than the able spots. The able slots are that are nearest are usually taken up. I'm being lazy so decide to park in a disabled spot. If my one car is taking up one of the disabled spots, when there are another 20 or so free, would you frown upon that?...

How about this scenario - Tesco's is open 24 hours - if its fairly late, say 10pm, there are loads of disabled spots free which are nearer than the able spots. The able slots are that are nearest are usually taken up. I'm being lazy so decide to park in a disabled spot. If my one car is taking up one of the disabled spots, when there are another 20 or so free, would you frown upon that?...

Yes, because you are not disabled, so you are not entitled to use a disabled parking space... Not even if it's the only available space in the car park.

I'm sorry, but we disabled people get enough grief and abuse as it is from the system etc, and if you steal our parking space out of sheer laziness, it's just not cricket :rant: