Sign in to follow this  

The Matrix Reloaded

Originally posted by "paulend"

The oracle is played by onther actress, I cant remember her name, she has the same style as the old one. foxxx, why do you think that neo isnt "the one" ??

I didn't say that, you are misquoting me! :) I said (or meant) that we have been told that he isn't the one in the second film. The architect tells him that he was told he was the one in order to control him. His 'purpose' was to end up with the architect in the room where he has to make a choice, so they told him he was the one to create his path there. This is what we have been told so far. I'm not saying he isn't the one. He may well be or he may well not be! In the first film he was told he wasn't the one on purpose, but then it turned out that he was because he believed in himself. So he may well have been told what he has in this film, for another agenda.

"She told you exactly what you needed to hear, that's all. Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"

As for the matrix vs the real world or a matrix within a matrix (which is there as another form of control so the 'free' people think they have the choice to be free), I still have not decided yet. I'm going to see it again next week with all these thoughts in my mind and really listen closely to the narative. However, I think that we will all be unsure until we see the next one! I think that it has been made this way, we aren't supposed to be able to work it out until we see the next one. For now we can only philosophise and have our on theories.

Originally posted by "Foxxx"

The oracle is played by onther actress, I cant remember her name, she has the same style as the old one. foxxx, why do you think that neo isnt "the one" ??

I didn't say that, you are misquoting me! :) I said (or meant) that we have been told that he isn't the one in the second film. The architect tells him that he was told he was the one in order to control him.

I opologise, I misunderstood. where abouts in the second film are we told that neo is not the one? the architect actually refers to neo as "the one". What is your definition of being "the one"? do you feel that because the prophecy was not true that neo should not be refered to as "the one" but rather the anomaly? 8)

I waited until after the credits of the Matrix Reloaded to see the trailer for the 3rd fim and I was a bit disappointed too. Maybe I was hoping for too much! I wanted some hints to some answers to all these questions we've been debating but it was just flashes of scenes from the 3rd film so you don't really get any "help" with all questions that we're left with from the second film! :?:

Here's hoping the 3rd film gives us some answers and won't leave me feeling cheated! I think Agent Smith is going to be important in some way... And despite what I write about wanting answers from the 3rd film I've got a feeling it'll still leave us with stuff to debate!?

As a film i thought it was quite good, but as a sequel i thought it was quite poor. On its own, Reloaded is a pretty decent movie with some awesome special affects, but it dosnt compare to the first film. I thought the way it ended was quite crap aswell. leaving us like that...:(

ah well..just means we need to go back and see the third one now ;)

bringing this thread back to the top again.....well I've seen the third one now and WOW....amazing, questions answered, fantastic! Don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it yet. I'll start a new post or something for us to talk about our conclusions on Revolutions. It is interesting reading the views we came up with after reloaded in this thread. Well I know exactly what happens now!

Wow, gonna go see it again! I suspect a lot of people are going to slag it off though as they may miss the point and find some scenes slow and full of conversation (some people and critics didn't like that with the first and the second one! but in my opinion it's the whole point of the trilogy). If you watch it for the action, it's got some great action scenes in it so should keep most happy.