Why is Sheffield Forum Obsessed with Muslims?

Well done Jack Straw.

I can't believe the tension is so high now.

If you know about them, maybe then you'll start to befriend others, and therefore communication channel may open, and then maybe they too would learn about your culture and personal life, and then maybe you'll exchange ideas, recipes, and your kids may play together cos you both trust each other, and then maybe they would wear a veil that is of a different colour, but not black and that intimidating. Maybe it'll be a pink one, or a patterned one, or something more cheery and may reflect their eyes to be less intimidating. That might happen, and that might even be the start of some kind of feminism revolution within muslim women.

*gasspsss* God forbid that might ever happen one day. :rolleyes:

So arresting, charging, trying, finding guilty and sentencing Abu Hamza to 7 years of imprisonment is ‘nothing’?

QUOTE]

That would be the Abu Hamza who is openly tollerant towards white people is it?

If Britian is such an intolerant country, why are people so desperate to come here?

Could be something to do with the free housing and medical care? Not widely available elsewhere as far as I know.

It says "they don't want to know about other people's culture and religion."

Mmmm....

I think the full quote reads,"I can't understand why people think like that. It's pure ignorance because they don't want to know about other people's culture and religion."

May be a reference to people like yourself?

So arresting, charging, trying, finding guilty and sentencing Abu Hamza to 7 years of imprisonment is ‘nothing’?

That would be the Abu Hamza who is openly tollerant towards white people is it?

What’s your point? You claimed Muslims can preach hate with impunity here, I just gave an example of an Islamist extremist who has been imprisoned for ‘inciting murder and race hate’.

If Britian is such an intolerant country, why are people so desperate to come here?

Because it’s prosperous.

Do you travel ?

Maybe locals will accept you, and would discuss religion with you. How would you know, until you go and start meeting people ? :rolleyes:

Think of it this way, you would be the first person to break that kind of barrier. Yes. Go you. :P

Well, you feel free to take a trip out there and try your theory out. Sure the place is a haven of peace and tolerance.

I think the full quote reads,"I can't understand why people think like that. It's pure ignorance because they don't want to know about other people's culture and religion."

May be a reference to people like yourself?

Maybe, or possibly an unwitting irony, given the lack of interest Muslims show in British culture and religion.

Is that OK, or is it still too subtle for you?