Tory councillor suspended for sending a naughty poem

Not an MP, but a Councillor and former parlimentary candidate:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6121646.stm

You can see a copy of the actual e-mail (if you must) by clicking a link at the bottom of the article in the Guardian, here:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conservatives/story/0,,1940895,00.html

It is in fact a childish doggerel verse that has been doing the rounds for some time now.

Childish Doggerel or not , I bet 90% of white british people agree with the contents of the poem !!!

Lester_Bigot is on quite a roll here. He'll be posting threads about Sheffield next... :D

From what I’ve read of this incident and the few words there are to describe the poem, it’s so old! I had a copy of it more than 20 years ago! I would think that by now everyone in the UK must have either seen it or read it. As for the Dover Cliffs photo, I think that too is a bit ancient, and since it’s readily available on the internet it wouldn’t surprise me if every MP hasn’t seen it and chuckled at it.

A lot of fuss over nothing, really.

From what I’ve read of this incident and the few words there are to describe the poem, it’s so old! I had a copy of it more than 20 years ago! I would think that by now everyone in the UK must have either seen it or read it. As for the Dover Cliffs photo, I think that too is a bit ancient, and since it’s readily available on the internet it wouldn’t surprise me if every MP hasn’t seen it and chuckled at it.

A lot of fuss over nothing, really.

Problem is, this lady has been suspended and so its a serious matter.

20 years ago, you could tell a joke, and thats all it was, a bit of light hearted humour

20 years ago, you could tell a joke, and thats all it was, a bit of light hearted humour

I won't bother.

I won't bother.

I was told a Joke by a female friend.... here goes

"What do men and dogs have in common?.............. the older they get the smellier they become"

Now that is a Joke aimed at men, I'm a man, am I now supposed to start kicking up a fuss, maybe report her to the police for being sexist.

NO, cause its just a bit of fun.

LIGHTEN UP !

This whole thing is really pathetic. I have had a variation of this on the wall of my office at home for donkeys years and I am most certainly not a rascist. All my friends have seen it, including many black and asian people, and I have never yet had any complaints. They all treat it as a bit of a laugh, which is exactly what it is.

Whats racist about it?

You really need to ask?

You really need to ask?

You really want me to answer?

[this is the "answer a question with another question" game intit?] :hihi:

You really need to ask?

ITS A JOKE :hihi: :hihi: have a giggle like our smiling friends :hihi: :hihi:

Don't be like him --> :suspect: all suspicious or like misery guts here

->:mad:

If it was just light-hearted humour, I don't think there would be any problem.

But we all know it's a simply offensive, racist doggeral.

It is reminiscent of Ann Winterton, Conservative MP for Congleton, who told a racist joke as an after dinner speaker.

Racist banter by Tory MPs and councillors is extremely damaging to the Tory party, and Cameron knows this. Hence his suspension of this Tory councllor.