Internet problem

Cycleracer

I have a problem which only happens while i,m on the internet and wondered if anyone out there can help.

First of all i,m pretty thick when it comes to computers so any info is greatly welcome but try not to get to technical.

THE PROBLEM:

Whenever i click on a link i get a box flash up from freeserve completely blank.

Instead of bringing up the proposed site it remains blank.

I have no problem logging into a site but any kind of link remains blank.

An example is if i go to the links page on this site and i click on one it will not matterialise.

I have had this problem since i downloaded a digital camara and think this is connected to that.

Have i disturbed something or moved something.

I need help, but please not to complicated.

PS. I have a laptop, don,t know if that helps.

Originally posted by "The Cycleracer"

I have a problem which only happens while i,m on the internet and wondered if anyone out there can help.

First of all i,m pretty thick when it comes to computers so any info is greatly welcome but try not to get to technical.

THE PROBLEM

Whenever i click on a link i get a box flash up from freeserve completely blank.

Instead of bringing up the proposed site it remains blank.

I have no problem logging into a site but any kind of link remains blank.

An example is if i go to the links page on this site and i click on one it will not matterialise.

I have had this problem since i downloaded a digital camara and think this is connected to that.

Have i disturbed something or moved something.

I need help, but please not to complicated.

PS. I have a laptop, don,t know if that helps.

I'm NOT a computer buff, so I can't say for sure, but it may have something to do with your firewall!

Done that Google think and although i understand the meaning of the problm which sounds very much like Hijacking on my PC caused by the software on my camara i,m unable to solve the problem myself.

Anybody inthe North of Sheffield who could sort this out would be appreciated. I will travel further a field if i need to.

I have a laptop so its quite transportable, all i need is someone with an internet connection and time to sort it out for me.

What's your operating system?

There's a good forum, similar to this one, on Windows XP where just about every problem has been discussed and solved:

http://www.windowsxpuser.com/forums/index.php

If you don't use XP then I'm sure that there will be one for you somewhere.

I'm away for a week but if you still have a problem when I get back I'll have a look.

Try this:

1. Start, run

2. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll

3. Press enter or click OK

4. Open Internet Explorer

5. Tools > Internet Options > Programs

6. Click "Reset Web Settings"

7. Try using links.

This is not dangerous and can be done by anyone, I found this in the XP forum.

I'm off in 1/2 an hour so haven't time to check spelling. Try from step 4 see if that helps.

If not, register on the site I posted and put as much detail as possible in a posting. They really are s**t hot problem solvers there.

:D

Archived