The Abbey at Woodseats about to take a turn for the worse

I'm not the biggest fan of the old landlord and lady who are back, but anyone is an improvement on the scouse idiot that 'ran' it for the past year. Also if you like it quiet then you'll be pleased that Malc from the Woodseats didn't get it, he was in the running apparently.

Watch for the prices rising now there's been a change, cos they'll be going up (change in tenancy agreement I hear). I hope they don't do a private party for the New Year again, ruins the Woodseats pub crawl.

Scouse?

I never asked him but I estimated him to be from Lincolnshire or Potteries. I noticed that in recent weeks he semms to have been doing less and less. Just sat somewhere with a cup of tea, and he was never keen to serve anyone behind the bar..

I did know about Malc, and that was a worry. At least the new lot do food quite well, I have never been dissapointed when I have had one of their meals.

I agree the private parties did used to grate and cause me extreme annoyance in the past, but I am used to taking or leaving the Abbey these days.

Scouse?

I never asked him but I estimated him to be from Lincolnshire or Potteries. I noticed that in recent weeks he semms to have been doing less and less. Just sat somewhere with a cup of tea, and he was never keen to serve anyone behind the bar..

I did know about Malc, and that was a worry. At least the new lot do food quite well, I have never been dissapointed when I have had one of their meals.

I agree the private parties did used to grate and cause me extreme annoyance in the past, but I am used to taking or leaving the Abbey these days.

Yeah he's a scouser all right. Could always tell if Liverpool had lost because he'd be in a stinking mood all weekend, and no doubt someone would get fired or barred that weekend for nothing!

Guess if you want a quiet drink the Chantry is the place to be..... for food I guess it must be McSpoons!

It's not always queit in Chantry, they sometimes have someone singing, and you cant hear anything as the place is so small.

I like it in chantry to be honest though, but usually go wethers as is closer :D

As for Abbey, only ever been in a few times, never really impressed me to be honest

Get yourself in't White Swan @ Greenhill. Fanatastic little boozer - chilled, good booze & I hear the homemade food is, as Sean Connery would say, 'Shimply Shplendad'.

Indeed the White swan is a great boozer. It is a bit like what the Abbey was 10 years ago. It is well worth a wander up. It is epecially great in the middle of winter when the open fire is roaring..

After that HUGE amount of money spent, Punch are already seeking new managers for it!

After that HUGE amount of money spent, Punch are already seeking new managers for it!

When I ever hear their name mentioned,it's with pub closures.. hope not in this case

With the new micropub on Woodseats, there are now 5 places to drink, 2 of them with 'For Lease' signs outside, both owned by Punch. You don't have to be Sir John Harvey Jones!

After being charged over 2 quid for a small coke I will not be rushing back!

Been in there a couple of times recently. They now have some basic `craft` in bottles but also Tiny Rebel Fubar as a keg regular and decent imho, £4.25 mind.

Been in there a couple of times recently. They now have some basic `craft` in bottles but also Tiny Rebel Fubar as a keg regular and decent imho, £4.25 mind.

Wow.. is there anywhere in Sheffield where they have tiny rebels cwtch on draft..?

It does pop up pretty regularly now. Great beer. Been on at Bar Stewards and Beer House recently/ :cool: