The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

"Say what you want, certainly in this country it, when it comes to German cars (and particularly Audis) it`s a fact* none the less.

I often wonder if people who argue this particular point are actually driving on the same roads as the rest of us"

* that, on average, they`re driven more aggressively.

I had to laugh last night, and I mean an actual laugh not a metaphorical one......

Driving along the S bends from Wharncliffe Side to Oughtibridge  at dusk. I saw in my rear view mirror a car overtaking the one behind me, quite an aggressive thing to do there and not something one sees that often because it`s a relatively short section of straight(ish) road between a semi blind bend and a totally blind bend. Then, to my amazement he (because it`ll almost certainly be a man) continued on the wrong side of the road and over took me as well. A double overtake is never good driving and there it`s the action of an imbecile. He then hammered round the corner breaking the 50mph speed limit on the approach to Oughtibridge (soon, thankfully, to be reduced to 30mph) and disappeared at an excessive speed (car leaning over) round the tight blind bend onto the one way system.

What a cretin.

The car ?

An Audi, an Audi TT actually, white or silver I seem to remember.

Edited by Justin Smith

1 hour ago, Justin Smith said:

"Say what you want, certainly in this country it, when it comes to German cars (and particularly Audis) it`s a fact* none the less.

I often wonder if people who argue this particular point are actually driving on the same roads as the rest of us"

* that, on average, they`re driven more aggressively.

The car ?

An Audi, an Audi TT actually, white or silver I seem to remember.

Have to say Justin i do agree with you,i do around 4- 5,000 miles thro'  the summer on a motorcycle and without a doubt the most aggressive/stupid drivers seem to be in Audi's...A3 mostly.....it's though they haven't a moment to spare,obviously it doesn't apply to every Audi driver but sadly most of them...these are quickly followed by BMW ..1 Series....

19 hours ago, euclid said:

Have to say Justin i do agree with you,i do around 4- 5,000 miles thro'  the summer on a motorcycle and without a doubt the most aggressive/stupid drivers seem to be in Audi's...A3 mostly.....it's though they haven't a moment to spare,obviously it doesn't apply to every Audi driver but sadly most of them...these are quickly followed by BMW ..1 Series....

I agree with you. It`s certainly not all Audi drivers (or, to a lesser extent, German car drivers generally), just a higher percentage than other cars.

55 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

I agree with you. It`s certainly not all Audi drivers (or, to a lesser extent, German car drivers generally), just a higher percentage than other cars.

At the moment i'm getting to agree with you - the number of pillocks in Mini's is getting my craw, U turning in front of oncoming traffic,driving that slow the car is about to stall,ignoring green traffic lights,14 attempts to park at Crystal Peaks.

I don't know if BMW have had a special offer on for the elderly,infirm or incompotent.

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Confirmation bias.

and also tongue in cheek. 

To be fair I was aiming that comment at Justin not you.  Unless you have a fixation with mini's of course :D

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

To be fair I was aiming that comment at Justin not you.  Unless you have a fixation with mini's of course :D

I'm getting that way especially this week.😉

Guest sibon

I'm off to the supermarket in a while. But you can all rest easy.

I've improved my driving beyond recognition in the last few months. All I did was give my Audi away and these days I stick to driving the Peugeot. Instant driving improvement.

To anwser the OP question:

The worst drivers, which cars do they drive? 

It's not one specific make or model but an attachment, an additional identity plate, supplied by council's licencing department. 

Yup, you got it. 

TAXI!

Should force them all to have council monitored telematics.

Having to drive a car that I am able to slide in and out of SUV’s suit my needs, however I notice far more in my lofty driving position and wondered if anyone could answer the following.

Why do circa 20% of drivers refuse to turn on any lights, no matter how bad the visibility is? Why do circa 10% of drivers never use their signals, and if you toot them ignore you or display the rods? :huh:

The worse drivers are that lot on horse back . giving daft little limp wrist signals as though they are Royalty , Depositing  large piles of shiite all or and no sign of a bag to pick it up , 

They even go two a Brest some times and thats four times as wide as two cyclists who get shouted at .