The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Volkswagen drivers.

I did not know that Ze Gemanese Binwagens did not come with indicators as standard.

He might have seen you and thought "Ill go anyway" or he didnt see you. What did flashing your lights get you (apart from potentially assaulted). Did it make you feel better? That wave of self righteouness washing over you? He might have been off to see a dying reletive, or more likely just been one of 60 odd million eejits in this country who cant drive, cant see or dont give a toss. And those people hate it when some smart arse points out the error of their ways. You think he took it board and will modify his driving because you flashed your lights?

You had to brake a bit. Nobody died. Calm down.

Good job I wasn`t adjusting my stereo then ! This is the sort of thing that people who pull out on other cars, or walk out in front of cars, thinking "I know he`s got right of way but he won`t hit me" should remember.......

Good job I wasn`t adjusting my stereo then !

For you definitely. If you had been adjusting your stereo and had hit him you'd be looking at a driving ban for careless driving.

For you definitely. If you had been adjusting your stereo and had hit him you'd be looking at a driving ban for careless driving.

That may or may not be true. But there are two points here. Proving it, and, if someone has been seriously injured or killed, what compensation is that to them anyway ?

The wider point is that, although a driver is in charge of a lethal weapon, no drivers concentrate 100% 100% of the time. That`s just an unfortunate, but indisputably true, fact. People should build that into their calculations whilst driving, or indeed crossing the road.

That may or may not be true. But there are two points here. Proving it, and, if someone has been seriously injured or killed, what compensation is that to them anyway ?

The wider point is that, although a driver is in charge of a lethal weapon, no drivers concentrate 100% 100% of the time. That`s just an unfortunate, but indisputably true, fact. People should build that into their calculations whilst driving, or indeed crossing the road.

Yet you are the one who is constantly going on about how bad drivers of German cars are etc, so I would expect your driving to be near perfect. My German car has stereo controls on the wheel so I can changing channel and volume without ever taking my eyes off the road, can you say the same?

Yet you are the one who is constantly going on about how bad drivers of German cars are etc, so I would expect your driving to be near perfect. My German car has stereo controls on the wheel so I can changing channel and volume without ever taking my eyes off the road, can you say the same?

I think we`re getting side tracked here. I used the example of adjusting ones stereo as just that, an example. I might just as well have said changing the CD, or being distracted by ones child in the back.

Both my Ford and my wife`s Toyota have the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

I`m not a perfect driver, nobody is. In fact anyone who thinks they are shouldn`t even be on the roads, they`d be a danger to themselves, and, far more importantly, other people.

I have never said all the drivers of German cars are bad, not even the majority of them (excluding Audi R8 drivers), just a higher proportion than drivers of non German cars.

I think we`re getting side tracked here. I used the example of adjusting ones stereo as just that, an example. I might just as well have said changing the CD, or being distracted by ones child in the back.

Both my Ford and my wife`s Toyota have the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

I`m not a perfect driver, nobody is. In fact anyone who thinks they are shouldn`t even be on the roads, they`d be a danger to themselves, and, far more importantly, other people.

I have never said all the drivers of German cars are bad, not even the majority of them (excluding Audi R8 drivers), just a higher proportion than drivers of non German cars.

With no evidence to back it up whatsoever. Whereas a quick Google search finds this:

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/insurance/insurers-reveal-the-uks-worst-drivers-11364016446769

And low and behold the only German car on the list is at number 5, behind Kia! So now can you please give it a rest with the German car drivers are awful thing as it's annoying and untrue.

And another one talking about poor parking. Audis were indeed the worst, but again the only German car in the top 5:

https://www.stressfreeairportparking.com/SpaceInvaders

Edited by sgtkate

With no evidence to back it up [the fact German cars tend to be driven worse - defined as more aggressively] whatsoever.

You obviously haven`t read what I, and many others, have been posting.

For 2015 I noted down all the worst examples of aggressive driving. Around 50% were German cars, but German cars only constitute between 20 and 25% of the cars on the road (it`s a higher percentage on the Motorways than it is around town). How do you explain that statistical anomaly ? But be that as it may, other than pointing out it was an Audi that Obelix was complaining about, when is the last time I specifically mentioned "German cars" ? I`m only wondering why you brought it up ?

You obviously haven`t read what I, and many others, have been posting.

For 2015 I noted down all the worst examples of aggressive driving. Around 50% were German cars, but German cars only constitute between 20 and 25% of the cars on the road (it`s a higher percentage on the Motorways than it is around town). How do you explain that statistical anomaly ? But be that as it may, other than pointing out it was an Audi that Obelix was complaining about, when is the last time I specifically mentioned "German cars" ? I`m only wondering why you brought it up ?

Yet weirdly I find EVIDENCE to show that German cars are not the worst in 2 different studies but clearly you counting cars back in 2015 trumps all the insurance companies records. My bad.

I brought it up because I still find it amusing the strange vendetta you seem to have against German cars. Hang on, where's Ron gone these days? Is he on a enforced leave of absence?

I am actually totally on your side here, I was just being a pedant as indicated by the tags :D

Anyway, rule 147 of the highway code seems relevant at this point:

Well if you're being pedantic you really should be more interested in Rule 259 which actually covers the situation

Joining the motorway (259)

Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should

give priority to traffic already on the motorway

check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane

not cross solid white lines that separate lanes or use the hard shoulder

stay on the slip road if it continues as an extra lane on the motorway

remain in the left-hand lane long enough to adjust to the speed of traffic before considering overtaking.

Clearly from the description the driver in the Audi did none of that.

Yet weirdly I find EVIDENCE to show that German cars are not the worst in 2 different studies but clearly you counting cars back in 2015 trumps all the insurance companies records. My bad.

I brought it up because I still find it amusing the strange vendetta you seem to have against German cars. Hang on, where's Ron gone these days? Is he on a enforced leave of absence?

It`s like having a domestic this, getting repeatedly misquoted I mean, I`m sure husbands everywhere know exactly what I`m talking about.......

I have not got a vendetta against German cars, most drivers of German cars (apart from Audi R8s) are perfectly OK. It`s just a higher proportion, that drive aggressively, than drivers of non German cars. I know that for a fact.

But anyway, being as you brought it up, you haven`t answered this :

For 2015 I noted down all the worst examples of aggressive driving. Around 50% were German cars, but German cars only constitute between 20 and 25% of the cars on the road (it`s a higher percentage on the Motorways than it is around town). How do you explain that statistical anomaly ?
Edited by Justin Smith

It`s like having a domestic this, getting repeatedly misquoted I mean, I`m sure husbands everywhere know exactly what I`m talking about.......

I have not got a vendetta against German cars, most drivers of German cars (apart from Audi R8s) are perfectly OK. It`s just a higher proportion, that drive aggressively, than drivers of non German cars. I know that for a fact.

But anyway, being as you brought it up, you haven`t answered this :

Justin, just hand in your driving licence and use your bus pass more. Honest it will save you a whole load of stress!