The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

I think you`re advacing incorrect stereotypes here. I used to have bikes (550s, 600s and 650s) and I used to have a 2.1 Westfield which I built myself.

It`s just I`ve matured a bit now and cannot justify putting others at risk for my (not so cheap) thrills.

Incidentally I don`t think speeding around on bikes is quite so anti social and selfish (as it would be in a car) because if you have an accident the chances are it`ll be you that`s dead, or playing wheelchair basketball for the rest of your life.

You have aged a bit,think speeding is anti social but not so bad on a bike,if they can avoid wearing a wheelchair.

Well thanks for the cheerful unrelated info??

Yaris. Take a note next time you are on the road. Either the drivers are 'do lally' or the car has a mind of it's own. The coach crash in belgium on tv - what caused it? Yaris ... I rest my case. And no, I don't drive a Fiat500, I just think they look cute.

You deliberately cause an obstruction and do not observe good lane discipline.

In what world is that not being a bad (and dangerous) driver?

I observe exemplary lane discipline, certainly compared to those cretins who change lanes every 100yds in order to gain one car length.

I do not generally drive in the outside lane if I can avoid it, but if I was, and I was doing the speed limit, then definatively I cannot be causing an obstruction. The only exception to the above rule is if some arrogant moron tries to intimidate me, in which case I`ll stay in the outside lane as long as I can be arsed.

As to how the above could be considered dangerous only you know the answer to that one.

if some arrogant moron tries to intimidate me, in which case I`ll stay in the outside lane as long as I can be arsed.

As to how the above could be considered dangerous only you know the answer to that one.

So that's 2 drivers behaving like idiots instead of just 1?

I hope I don't come across you and your private law-enforcement techniques on the road.

What you do think (I'm reading into this, so correct me if I'm wrong) is that higher speed increases the risk of an accident.

This is not correct though, otherwise motorways would be the most dangerous roads in the country, instead of the safest.

Inappropriate speed is dangerous, that can be both too high and too low (and may bear little or no resemblance to the posted limit). Speed in itself is not dangerous.

You sound like I did about 15-20years ago. The difference is that I never completly convinced myself at the time that this argument was supportable, now I realise it`s b******s. How can someone who comes across as a reasonably erudite chap actually, truly, believe it ?

When you say it isn`t my job to enforce the speed limit what do you mean exactly ?

Do you mean that you don`t regard breaking the speed limit as a crime/anti social behaviour ?

If this is what you mean then why don`t you just say so ?

On the other hand are you saying that it`s not my job (or anyone else`s) to try and prvent a crime and/or anti social behaviour taking place ? If this is what you mean, ie no help for the police from the public, then the police probably couldn`t do their job.

I have to admit that what is of more interest to me is whether you would extend this principle of "it`s not my job" to trying to prevent a burglary of your house ?

Dear Cyclone,

Whilst (I think) you`ve made pretty clear that the first of the arguments is the one you`d plump for, you haven`t actually said so.

Furthermore you haven`t said whether you`d want me to intervene to try and prevent a burglary at your house, something I would of course do.

So that's 2 drivers behaving like idiots instead of just 1?

I hope I don't come across you and your private law-enforcement techniques on the road.

Obviously I`d rather not have to do anything but if these imbeciles constantly get what they want (intimidating others to move over for them) when will they ever stop doing it ?

It`s a motoring version of appeasment, I think Churchill and Hitler knew all about that.

Bear in mind that if I`m doing the speed limit I cannot be causing an obstruction anyway.

If you are one of those who tries to intimidate others, then I hope I never come across you on the roads.

If you aren`t then there is no reason for you to hold your view.

You have aged a bit,think speeding is anti social but not so bad on a bike,if they can avoid wearing a wheelchair.

Well thanks for the cheerful unrelated info??

You want to think about it.

It wasn`t the thought of getting killed that made me sell my bike, it was the thought of ending up with no arms and/or legs.........

Justin, I see you have your homepage set to ATV....how many vans do you have, do you use the M1 to Leeds much and is it always you in the van?

Justin, I see you have your homepage set to ATV....how many vans do you have, do you use the M1 to Leeds much and is it always you in the van?

We`ve only got one van.

I rarely drive it, in fact I try not to drive at all if I can avoid it. I walk to work through the park, how jealous does that make all of you stuck in traffic jams as you commute !

Incidentally, if anyone ever sees one of my staff driving like a t**t I`d be only to pleased to hear from you either by E-Mail or phone. Rest assured they`d be consequences for the errant artisan(s).

... Incidentally, if anyone ever sees one of my staff driving like a t**t I`d be only to pleased to hear from you either by E-Mail or phone. Rest assured they`d be consequences for the errant artisan.

I'll bear that in mind next time I see the van ;)