The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Perhaps the police should enforce that with zero tolerance as you suggest on illegal number plate thread, bear in mind that until you reread the highway code you didn't know that rule and so you would then have been prosecuted. How many other rules don't you know? This is why I advocate retesting regularly because even the self righteous such as yourself don't know all the rules.

In America everyone observes that rule rigidly and you could confidently step out with your eyes closed and not get run over, just be careful at the kerb on the other side.

If by "self righteous" you mean standing up for what is right, then I plead guilty with all my heart and I am proud to be guilty.

I'm kind of suprised anyone felt the need to put that in there, surely people realise if there is something/one in the road in front of you, you stop!

You'd be amazed, I've been nearly run over in the middle of a zebra crossing several times before, the drivers don't stop or slow down they assume you'll sprint to the other side before they get to you.

You'd be amazed, I've been nearly run over in the middle of a zebra crossing several times before, the drivers don't stop or slow down they assume you'll sprint to the other side before they get to you.

I can empathise. My wife experienced the same thing and to add insult to injury the arrogant b*****d had the nerve to hoot her !

I`m sure they`re a lot of decent courteous motorists out there but unfortunately it`s the retards who tend to stick in your mind....

The Highway Code is the ultimate and final arbiter of driving in this country. Anyone who disagrees with that should not have a driving licence and by implication should not be driving on the roads.

QUOTE]

But i thought "Some of the Highway code is advisory and some (like the speed limit....) is compulsory".

"The Final Countdown" (with apologies to all 80s Rockers)

All Cars

German Cars

BMWs

BMW X5s

Black BMW X5s

Black BMW X5s driven by men

Back BMW X5s driven by men with concerns over their manhood

Top of the bill Black BMW X5s with excessively tinted windows

Incidentally why do people have their windows tinted such dark colours ? Whenever I see them I can`t help musing "Who do they think they are, bleedin` Mick Jagger ?".

On a related point I thought it was illegal to have the front windows opaque and if so how do they get away with it ?

I`ve just come back from South Africa and it`s just the same over there, the most aggressive drivers tend to have German cars..........

Definately volvo drivers, particularly if they are old and wear a hat while driving.

I looked on here thinking I wonder if they would mention my car ... yes I drive a volvo and I love it. Wouldnt be without it. But I dont have a hat.

which ever lane you pick you just can`t win.

Pick the inner lane and you nearly always have to pull out and rely on the generosity of other drivers to let you do it.

If you pick the outside lane (and stick to the speed limit) you often get selfish arrogant morons overtaking you on the inside which just winds me up. It`s at times like this I wish I had a car with variable width........

Then get thyself a Volvo...

in my experience, usually the bigger the car the worst the driver, so make and model don't seem to make a difference.

The other halfs dad had a Volvo and when he drove it he was a bloody menace, I was embarrassed to get into it with him because I didnt want to be associated with a Volvo driver, people Ive moaned about on the roads for years.

Its odd but since he got rid of the Volvo and bought another breed of car he`s now a good and safe driver. I wonder if they do something to Volvos to make them annoying.

Heres a Volvo in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqLFpZhccp8

Perhaps the police should enforce that with zero tolerance as you suggest on illegal number plate thread, bear in mind that until you reread the highway code you didn't know that rule and so you would then have been prosecuted. How many other rules don't you know? This is why I advocate retesting regularly because even the self righteous such as yourself don't know all the rules.

In America everyone observes that rule rigidly and you could confidently step out with your eyes closed and not get run over, just be careful at the kerb on the other side.

If you were that stupid you most likely would be run over as even the highway code cannot suspend the laws of physics.

Pedestrians have the right of way if (and only if) they have already started to cross a side road into which you wish to turn, that does not mean that they can walk out in front of you and expect you to somehow avoid them. And they should check a main road for indicating cars before starting to cross.

In America they have completely different rules, I guess you are referring to the fact that cars can make a right turn despite a red signal just so long as no pedestrians are actually crossing.

Pick the inner lane and you nearly always have to pull out and rely on the generosity of other drivers to let you do it.

If you pick the outside lane (and stick to the speed limit) you often get selfish arrogant morons overtaking you on the inside which just winds me up. It`s at times like this I wish I had a car with variable width........

Without trying to pick fault, it seems that you're struggling to grasp how lanes are supposed to be used.

You drive in the left most lane normally, the other lanes are used for overtaking, then you pull back in, unless road signs indicate otherwise (for example as you approach a roundabout).

If you want to move into the outer lane, accelerate to match the pace of that lane before manoeuvring into it.

It's not your job to enforce the speed limit by driving in an overtaking lane when you aren't overtaking.