The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Here's a Skoda one.

An old guy in his Skoda is driving home from work when his wife rings him on his carphone,

"honey", she says in a worried voice, "Be careful! There was a bit on the news just now, some lunatic is driving the wrong way down the motorway",

"It's worse than that!", he replies, "There are hundreds of them!"

It depends on definition of crap driver. In general crap drivers drive crap cars and these cars are usually little and cheap such as with name something like Deawoo Matiz, Hyundai Atos. Suzuki Alto and Wagon R, Vauxhall Agila, Kia Pride and the most popular one the Ford Ka. No one who has driven white vans criticise them any more because they are great, you should all try one first.

Are you being ironic ? Most peoples definition of the "worst drivers" are the aggressive SOBs who wind them up. The latter very rarely drive the kind of car you have mentioned.

There are actual volvo jokes?

I knew there were skoda ones but ... i was right about volvos then, it isnt just me who noticed them?

thats very heartening! :D

Slightly off topic, have you noticed any improvement in the way people drive?

Even with the driving test being more thorough, it doesnt seem to have had any effect on the way people drive...

I believe its much worse.

Are you being ironic ? Most peoples definition of the "worst drivers" are the aggressive SOBs who wind them up. The latter very rarely drive the kind of car you have mentioned.
That's why I said it depends on the definition. The sort of people who buy the cars I mentioned really don't know what they are doing so far as driving ability is concerned. The ones you mention are selfish and inconsiderate which is different. They have decent cars so they know a bit about it unless it's a BMW of course.

...Most peoples definition of the "worst drivers" are the aggressive SOBs who wind them up...

I can't comment on most people's definition of "worst drivers" as I have never seen statistical data to back this up. But in my opinion you have miserably (as usual) failed to include other categories of poor driving.... eg...

- drivers who don't look beyond the end of their bonnet/boot

- drivers who fail to react/adjust their driving to good/bad road conditions

In my opinion these drivers are just as likely to cause incidents as the aggresive drivers amongst us. Which cars do they drive? Allsorts mate. From 4x4 tanks to L reg Mondeos. From 56 plate Micras to White Vans.

Whilst I'm sure you're crusade against speed influences much of your bias toward motoring, personally I watch my back with all drivers in all cars, cos the general standard of British motorist is **** poor.

British drivers are not poor. What a stupid suggestion.

You ever been to a foreign country and seen the driving standards there. Put our highways against a country like Italy or Spain and your in one of the more safer nations to drive on this planet.

Christ!! what a crappy generalisation.

Definately volvo drivers, particularly if they are old and wear a hat while driving.

British drivers are not poor. What a stupid suggestion.

You ever been to a foreign country and seen the driving standards there. Put our highways against a country like Italy or Spain and your in one of the more safer nations to drive on this planet.

Okay. Continental driving is generally very **** poor.

Happy now?

In my experience, the worst drivers tend to be those wearing a head covering of some kind, whether that's an old bloke in a hat or a young bloke in a baseball cap. I always assume they're going to do really stupid things, and take extra care around them.

StarSparkle

Mondeo drivers, driving Mondeos.

For some reason their indicators never work, and the turning circle must be rubbish. They can't even get around a massive roundabout without taking the closest thing to a straight line and cutting you up.