The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Right OK, I think it`s important to stress that these are generalisations so don`t get too upset if anyone has any of these particular cars !

Having said that, are you sure that you aren`t one of those drivers, with an excess of arrogance and a shortage of respect for the Highway Code, which all the other drivers hate......

After years of trying to pin down which cars the worst drivers tend to own, you know, the gits who cut you up, speed all over the place and go through red lights.

I have finally concluded that it`s not a particular make at all, it`s German cars !

It`s not just BMWs, it`s also Mercedes, Volkswagens, Porsches and (probably worst of all) Audis.

You see if I`m right, the next time you see someone driving aggressively/too fast it`s more likely to be someone driving a German car.*

Most of the absolute worst driving I see is in German cars, it`s a fact.

PS I`m not saying all drivers of German cars are bad, or that all drivers of other types aren`t !

* As in far more likely than the percentage of cars on the road which are German, about 15 to 20%, and not including kids in Corsas or Saxos, who haven`t grown up yet and can`t afford anything else anyway.......

11th June 2011 I knew I was right !

This is it :

All Cars

Cars driven by men

German cars (plus many Vauxhalls)

Audis

Audi R8s

Basically, the further down that list you go, the more likely the car is to be driven aggressively / dangerously.

Incidentally, to those who say speed isn`t a significant factor in (serious) accidents, Sgt Steve Askham of SY Police serious collisions unit begs to differ :

"The fatal four causes of serious collisions are speed, drink or drugs, using mobile phones and not wearing seat belts" (Reported in The Star 11 Nov 16)

Edited by Justin Smith
Actual percentage of German cars on the road.

I drive one of the cars you refer to but I have to say, the worst drivers, IMHO are boy racers in 16 valve Corsa's or white van man. Mum's in 4x4's on the school run also head the list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:rolleyes: Not another thread about bad drivers and what kind of cars they drive. Hasn't this been done before?

I'd say it's anyone in a bigger or newer car than you, if they are wearing a suit, man or woman, and definatly white van men!

It depends on definition of crap driver. In general crap drivers drive crap cars and these cars are usually little and cheap such as with name something like Deawoo Matiz, Hyundai Atos. Suzuki Alto and Wagon R, Vauxhall Agila, Kia Pride and the most popular one the Ford Ka. No one who has driven white vans criticise them any more because they are great, you should all try one first.

Theres something about the volvo that makes it one of the most maddening vehicles on the road. For a start you cant overtake one, its as if its got some sort of automatic device to make it continually swerve outwards just as you indicate to overtake, then it has some sort of limiter on it to make it go 10mph below any speed limit thats set for the road your on.

I know some perfectly good drivers who turn into instant gibbering monkeys the second they switch the ignition of a volvo on. Theyre a gormless version of Steven Kings Christine.

People towing Caravans are definetly the worst drivers no matter what car it is.

When Im riding the motorbike, the ones that switch the warning light on for me at junctions etc are BMWs, Audi, Subaru Imprezas, 4wds, and anything covered in plastic and fibregalss

Theres something about the volvo that makes it one of the most maddening vehicles on the road. For a start you cant overtake one, its as if its got some sort of automatic device to make it continually swerve outwards just as you indicate to overtake, then it has some sort of limiter on it to make it go 10mph below any speed limit thats set for the road your on.

I know some perfectly good drivers who turn into instant gibbering monkeys the second they switch the ignition of a volvo on. Theyre a gormless version of Steven Kings Christine.

You're a bit out of date there mister, you'll be telling us a Skoda joke next.

You're a bit out of date there mister, you'll be telling us a Skoda joke next.

You think im not serious? Im speaking from experience here. I very rarely lost my rag when i drove and the only times i did was when i was behind one of those heaps. theyre supposed to be able to do well over the ton, and they DO go over the ton- to overtake you so they can start doddering along at 20mph. Ive seen the buggers risk life and limb to get in front, theyre worse than bloody tractor drivers in the country.

Here's a Volvo joke for you then, the first one that comes up on google.

An old guy in his Volvo is driving home from work when his wife rings him on his carphone,

"honey", she says in a worried voice, "Be careful! There was a bit on the news just now, some lunatic is driving the wrong way down the motorway",

"It's worse than that!", he replies, "There are hundreds of them!"