Sign in to follow this  

England v Switzerland

Originally posted by Ned Ludd

Quality goals from moments of individual quality.

Unfortunately England do not look to be a cohesive team unit, particularly in midfield. James looks a bit iffy in goal and it was wrong to drop King after the French game.

The pundits "we only need a draw against Croatia" are being rather dismissive of their chances to cause an upset.

Rooney looks the part but he's having to do much work for himself, with insufficient support from midfield.

And now a controversial question: Have England become the new Germany?

ie playing boring, unadventurous football and not particularly well but grinding out the results anyway (I'll forget the France result!)

Good points Ned. Rooney is having to run all over the park and his working really hard during games.

I don't like it when teams try to defend a 1 goal lead.

I don't think Englands midfield has been as dominant as it can be. I'd also like to see Joe Cole involved in the setup.

So far I think the overall quality has been poor and I haven't seen an outstanding game from a neutral standpoint.

Originally posted by t020

Remember it was 44 degrees C down on the pitch with it being the earlier kick off. Our last group game, and any future games should we get further, will all be the later kick off time of 19:45 BST when it has cooled down.

Mustn't forget though that it was 44 degrees for BOTH teams.

But that aside, well done England.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by markham

Mustn't forget though that it was 44 degrees for BOTH teams.

But that aside, well done England.:rolleyes:

Yes, and Switzerland didn't particularly play well either. You can't expect a high quality, fast, flowing game of football at that temperature, especially not for the whole 90 mins. So the fact that we won so well without playing as well as we can do was good, and we won't have to play at the earlier kick off time again now.

Originally posted by steelcitybab

ROONEY...what a star 8)

he is pure brill!! :thumbsup:

n fit as **** :love:

Give him a Burberry cap and he would look like any other chav,tho i am very glad he's on our side. It not going to be easy against croatia (sp??) but i do think we have a pretty good chance of going through.

Originally posted by steelcitybab

ROONEY...what a star 8)

he is pure brill!! :thumbsup:

n fit as **** :love:

You're the first female I've ever seen/heard calling Rooney "fit". Most say he bears resemblence to Shrek!

Originally posted by Lestat

Ok, he may be able to play football but i hate it when he does those Sugar Puffs adverts. 'Show me da honey - mummy' :P

We're talking football here, not breakfast cereal. I go along with the majority: we won 3-0. Great result.

Originally posted by t020

You're the first female I've ever seen/heard calling Rooney "fit". Most say he bears resemblence to Shrek!

Brilliant! :D

I don't think Rooney is nice looking in the slightest!!

Originally posted by sam_mig

We're talking football here, not breakfast cereal. I go along with the majority: we won 3-0. Great result.

This was a joke!? . .meaning he resembles the Honey Monster!

He doesn't really do ads for Sugar Puffs. :loopy:

He can't be Shrek though, cos Shrek sang with Hear'say didn't he.

yeah good result England.... however, we weren't really the dominant side as much as we should be.

Bring on Croatia!

Originally posted by Lestat

This was a joke!? . .meaning he resembles the Honey Monster!

He doesn't really do ads for Sugar Puffs. :loopy:

He can't be Shrek though, cos Shrek sang with Hear'say didn't he.

Oh what a silly prat I am! LOL.