Killers at Sheffield Arena! SO ANNOYED

ebays not always bad, some gigs get over touted then you can buy tickets on ebay at even less than half price!

Plus the arena has started putting limits on the number of tickets one person can buy.(dont know if they always did this, but i've only just noticed it)

i didn't even try til 12.20, but got onto the arena website quite easily. it said that standing tickets were sold out, so i went for seating. it came up with crap seats, so i tried again for better ones, and it came up with standing seats after all!

Think I was very very lucky.

Yes you were VERY lucky :( 3 of us tried for Manc tickets for the first tour, no luck. 2 of us tried for the feb tour Sheffield show - had Ticketmaster & Hallam Arena websites open and tried to call (couldnt even get phone to ring - it was a BT *busy lines* message !!!!!!!)

AAAAARGGHHHHHHHH !! :( :( :(

You were allowed to buy 4 tickets and there are TONS of pairs on Ebay - so thanks to those who bought extra to make a profit on Ebay - idiots. Theyre too expensive at the mo but I WILL get a ticket !!!!

*goes off in the huff*

I called the Arena up at 1155am... waited in a telephone queue for 10 mins and GOT SOME TICKETS!!!

Standing too... really cannot wait.

Had the option to get some JT tickets, but couldn't be arsed seen as his new stuff ain't all that good.

Yes you were VERY lucky :( 3 of us tried for Manc tickets for the first tour, no luck. 2 of us tried for the feb tour Sheffield show - had Ticketmaster & Hallam Arena websites open and tried to call (couldnt even get phone to ring - it was a BT *busy lines* message !!!!!!!)

AAAAARGGHHHHHHHH !! :( :( :(

You were allowed to buy 4 tickets and there are TONS of pairs on Ebay - so thanks to those who bought extra to make a profit on Ebay - idiots. Theyre too expensive at the mo but I WILL get a ticket !!!!

*goes off in the huff*

Ebay has just made the whole touting thing even easier. People I know, who would NEVER have tried to sell their tickets like a normal tout, are thinking its ok to bung them on ebay and make some cash. i despise touting, and think its wrong to buy from ebay or anywhere like that for a higher price than the face value.

i watched a pair of tickets for the sheffield concert on ebay last night...and they went for £135.

i wish you all the best in your search for a ticket!

The way the Leadmill do their tickets is good, but would probably cause chaos at venues as large as the arena.

The Leadmill ticketing system is terrible! I went to see Lily Allen there and my brother had a right nightare getting in!

If your a fan of an artist your going to get tickets straight away but if you only find out the morning of the gig and go down to get a ticket you've no chance.

I myself always get tickets and also managed to get Killers ones but if your to go to another town or city at the last minute then touts are good in my opinion. I don't understand this stop the touts rubbish. You always get people moan who used the phone and not the web for tickets.

The only thing that does annoy me about ticket agents is the over priced booking fee! Hallam Fm Arena have charged me £9 booking fee for two orders (£18 in total) and that doesn't even include delivery. I've got to go down and get them myself!

The killers would ba amazing... are the doing any more gigs?

my son tried to bid on some tickets for nottingham on ebay, they went for £360 for the pair , as he only went up to £260 he did not get them . he had an email from a dodgy bloke in london and my son bought some off him for £220 but he had to go down to london to get them . he goes at the end of november but i'm keeping my fingers crossed the tickets are real and he gets in ok :(

The Leadmill ticketing system is terrible! I went to see Lily Allen there and my brother had a right nightare getting in!

That surprises me that you've had trouble with the Leadmill because my friends and I have used their system several times even for sold out gigs and never had a problem. Why did your brother have trouble getting in? As long as you read the instructions you are given and turn up with the right documentation it all goes swimmingly in my experience.

If your a fan of an artist your going to get tickets straight away but if you only find out the morning of the gig and go down to get a ticket you've no chance.

How? Even if you have access to pre sale tickets, you don't always get them. I was aware that the Killers tickets were going on sale early enough to be ready when they went on general release, but it doesn't make any difference if the websites and phone lines are jammed, does it?

I myself always get tickets and also managed to get Killers ones but if your to go to another town or city at the last minute then touts are good in my opinion. I don't understand this stop the touts rubbish. You always get people moan who used the phone and not the web for tickets.

Well lucky you that you always get tickets. I support the stop the touts idea because I don't see why people other than those associated with the tour should make money out of selling tickets. The proportion of the ticket sales that actually go directly to the artist is small enough as it is, what with management and promoter fees, booking fees, etc.

With big gigs like these it's worth looking on eBay a couple of days before as people sell the links to pre-sale sites, and you're 90% guaranteed to get tickets through pre-sales.

Also, try searching on Yahoo/Google.

I did a search on Yahoo for "Killers, Pre Sale" and had bought two tickets from seetickets by Thursday evening.

Can I just say, if you haven't seen the Killers live before, you aren't missing anything. They're crap live.

I bought 4 tickets for The Killers in Sheffield and 2 are now spare. If anybody wants to buy them, PM me with a realistic offer. I AM NOT ON THE MAKE, i will sell these at a realistic price, ie ticket£ 26.00 each + booking fee. £80.00 for both and they are yours.