Holidays in the U.K. - bad experiences?

How many people on this forum have had unfortunate experiences on holiday in this country? We have many times, bad food, very little food, cramped accomodation, barely room to swing a cat around, banging yourself on sharp corners in your room, hitting your head on tv. mounted brackets as you are moving around, paying the full price for poor service?

Well we have had it all untill this latest holiday, just by chance we knocked on the door of a hotel in Bridlington and asked for accomodation, after seeing the room we booked in £20 per night each for B & B. and it was the best thing we could have done, the food, plenty of it the service, clealiness plenty of room to move around, friendly proprieters, private car park off the road.

We recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good holiday, if you are interested please get in touch with me and I will give you the address.

Hal. Evans.

Pleased you had a good break, there are some good and bad accomodation in the UK, and it is sometimes pot luck.

I also have had good and bad experiences with hotels in the UK

Word of mouth is often the best advice.

• 5 years later...

Talking of holidays i've just got to tell you about mine! i won't tell you where but it was very nea the sea,all night long at regular intervals the fog horn would sound, eventualy it got to the stage when i was counting and waiting for it to sound! we had this for a full week, at the end of the week you could have hung a hat on my eyes. needless to say that i never returned! St Ives is my number one spot now

The South Pembrokeshire Coast (Tenby-St David's) is magnificent. Going back there this year - I am starting to understand the people that return every year to a favourite place. This place rivals NW scotland for me, and it's a good deal closer.

But somewhere like the Applecross peninsula is pretty magical too - Sea Otters and Pine Martins, and deer eating seaweed on the beach by moonlight, seals, hills, and nothing to do. Not to mention the odd submarine surfacing in the sound. And the campsite is (was) run by a Yorkshireman.

I love going home to Isle of Wight. I have family friends who have lovely hotels and B& Bs , very clean, good home cooked food and nice beaches , views , walks and wildlife.

I moved from Sheffield to the Isle of Wight you moved from the Isle of Wight to Sheffield!! :hihi::hihi:

I love it here - wouldn't want to move back to Sheffield now although I do visit at regular intervals.

Like you say there are lots of lovely beaches, walks, scenery, hotels and so much to do on such a small island. There is something for everyone here - a great place to have your holiday. Plus it is a known fact that the Isle of Wight has more sun than anywhere else in the UK and for a longer period.

Archived