Advice on these areas please

Originally posted by bonny

Yet another pearl of wisdom from t020. Who never steps outside his front door

That full stop should be a comma, the "Who" should not be capitalised, and there should be a full stop at the end of the sentence, like so:

"Yet another pearl of wisdom from t020, who never steps outside his front door."

Oh and another one to follow, good boy!

Originally posted by t020

That full stop should be a comma, the "Who" should not be capitalised, and there should be a full stop at the end of the sentence, like so:

So you feel comfortable with that comma immediately before the word 'and' then?

Skye Edge Estate S2 Quail Rise - crap

Langsett Estate S6 Langsett Crescent - crap

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road - crap

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close - ok

Parsons Cross S5 Chaucer Road - crap

Dore S17 Limb Lane - good

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road - crap

Just out of interest t020, which of these streets have you lived on?

From my own experiences, I wouldn't recommend Skye Edge or Limb Lane.

Why, whats wrong with Limb Lane?

what is wrong with Limb Lane?

Hmm, well,

i seem to remember a huge fuss about an adolescent unit there, something to do with the crime rate going up because of the kids based there committing crimes.

but this might be another "Dore" that i am thinking of, elsewhere , and not sheffield, because there are no crimes comitted at all in Sheffield's estates in S's 10, 11, and 17..........

is there???

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road -

this area has a strong community spirit, tenants have set up a management co-operative to look after the housing. usually a very very long waiting list to get on this estate, the housing is like hen's teeth to obtain. 60 points or more, in fact.

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close -

Brother in law lives here. generally very quiet, not bad properties, reasonably decent residents. another high-points area, and not that easy to get on to

Dore S17 Limb Lane - see above comments

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road-

Lived on both these roads, had their ups and downs, but not hugely horrendous actually.(ok bottom end of arb' rd, near norfolk park was a bit dire , but generally ok.

yoou can get a property on arbourthorne for as little as 3 points, but that is for a property which has not been upgraded, still with the loo in the porch, (Not quite as primitive as an outside loo, but near!) and it would probably not be centrally heated. (there'd be a gas fire, though).

PT

Why, whats wrong with Limb Lane?

Aldine House (formerly known as Rycroft Glen).

Very fast cars, and in some places hardly any pavement.

Some of the people who live there.

But having said that, I suppose it depends on what kind of place you are looking for, and what kind of neighbours you want, and if you are waiting for a council property how long you want to be waiting for!

Originally posted by Plain Talker

because there are no crimes comitted at all in Sheffield's estates in S's 10, 11, and 17..........

Comparatively speaking no, as I have proved numerous times in the past. Also, please don't refer to residential areas as "estates".

Lets face it 99% of council estates in any country are places to avoid. Basing it on Sheffield, I can't really think of any estates which are nice places to live in.

If there are, could be one or two with a 15 year waiting list...