Advice on these areas please

Hi all

I was wondering if you could advise me, I just recently joined the housing register and have made bids on my first 10 properties and would be grateful if you could tell me your opinions on the following areas:-

Skye Edge Estate S2 Quail Rise

Langsett Estate S6 Langsett Crescent

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close

Parsons Cross S5 Chaucer Road

Dore S17 Limb Lane

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road

(How far is the Manor Estate from areas I have chosen in Arbourthorne? from the comments I ve read on this forum the Manor Estate isnt that popular)

Southey S5 Donovan Road

Foxhill S6 Halifax Road

I most likely wont get a look in with my bids as yet but nevertheless your opinons would be greatly appreciated for future reference when I place my future bids.

Skye Edge Estate S2 Quail Rise

No

Langsett Estate S6 Langsett Crescent

Quite nice

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road

Ex-council houses are selling on here for 99 grand compared to the one were buying at 72 in shiregreen they arnt as nice so this must mean its a really good are i personally think it is.

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close

Quite Nice

Parsons Cross S5 Chaucer Road

iv been braught up here and i love it

Dore S17 Limb Lane

abit snooty i used to work near there

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road

are you wanting a new tv off insurance or something

Southey S5 Donovan Road

its ok

Foxhill S6 Halifax Road

very nice

Stannington every time. Reasonable priced houses, close to the countryside yet only 20 minutes to the centre of Sheffield.

Only problem up here in Stannington is that unless you live right up in the Village (ie the REAL Stannington) you need a car to get anywhere cos the bus services are so crap and unreliable.

This "REAL" Stannington debate is getting really annoying.

The only reason people up in the village are so concerned about the council estate being classed as Stannington is all about snobbery and nothing more.

Can I just say that we have a lot of trouble on the council estate at the minute with youths smashing things up and generally being an absolute pain. You may be interested to know that more than half the kids identified as being trouble causers are the kids who live in the "REAL" Stannington.

Steelblade

I think you'll find that Rich was just using the term 'REAL Stannington' to quantify the area. I know from a previous posting that he doesn't beleive in all this garbage about it.

On another note regarding problems with the kids/youths, hopefully when we get some recreation facilities for them then this will alleviate things.

Lower Stannington Community Forum is working extremely hard to plan the development and gain funding to improve the green area around the flats and the bottom of Long Lane. We are also fighting the possible loss of the playing fields at Stannington College. If anyone has any constructive ideas the let me know or pop into the resource centre and tell the staff there.

Cheers

Mark

Apologies I was in a bad mood and shouldn't have gotten so wound up. Sorry Rich.

Sanman I hope that something does happen soon because these youths are getting worse. Last Friday a man driving down Stannington Road past the flats had to do an emergency stop because of a youth who thought he could just step out in front of a car. The man got out to tell the lad off for being so stupid. The man was chased back to his car by two lads throwing stones at him and swearing.

Tuesday night I came home from college, walked through the foyer of the flats to get into my home and was met by a cloud of cannabis smoke thanks to the four young lads sat getting hammered.

Last week I had to throw tin foil and heroin away which was hidden on the landing outside my home by the smack heads who use this area as a place to get high.

Without fail every single weekend night the bus stop is smashed or the phone box. Or more recently flat windows.

We get letters from the council saying thanks to extra policing the trouble has now stopped?!!! It's an absolute joke. I'm at the end of my tether and can not wait until I can move away.

I also wrote to the council in Februaury detailing the things that were going on. I am still awaiting a response. I wonder if these council workers had smack heads sat outside their front doors how long it would take for someone to take action?

Please don't anyone respond with "phone the police" because there's no point, they don't bother to turn up and I've actually witnessed the police drive straight past a group of between 10-15 youths smashing a flat window and causing massive disturbances after midnight.

I fully sympathise with the problems you are having. I know when we worked and raised the funds to get the few peices of equipment installed at the park Labour leaflettedd the area claiming credit for it.

One of the reasons people are asked to phone the police is that all the calls are logged. Police resources are diverted to areas where most calls are logged. Therefore by not logging your call you are possibly helping to ensure that even less policing happens in the area. So I would advise that if you have any problems phone the police, yes its a pain in the arse, and yes its unlikely that they'll turn up but it may help us to justify more policing in the area.

I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave the area, we really need people like yourself to help turn the area around. Like I've said we'd like to give the youths some alternatives to making a nuisance of themselves and a chance to benefit the community. If after that they still misbehave then they should feel the full weight of the law.

All the best and I hope things improve for you.

Skye Edge Estate S2 Quail Rise - crap

Langsett Estate S6 Langsett Crescent - crap

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road - crap

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close - ok

Parsons Cross S5 Chaucer Road - crap

Dore S17 Limb Lane - good

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road - crap

Originally posted by t020

Skye Edge Estate S2 Quail Rise - crap

Langsett Estate S6 Langsett Crescent - crap

Wisewood Estate S6 Wisewood Road - crap

Stannington Village S6 Pond Close - ok

Parsons Cross S5 Chaucer Road - crap

Dore S17 Limb Lane - good

Arbourthorne S2 Arbourthorne Road & Errington Road - crap

Yet another pearl of wisdom from t020. Who never steps outside his front door

IMO any area can be down graded to crap dependent upon who lives in it!

Our street i Crookes used to be ok - until private landlords bought up three of the houses now we've a lovely chav family living in our midst with vile kids and roaming dogs!

Dont just go on the postcode - have a look and see what its really like.