Roundabout at bottom of Ecclesall Road

The other day on Prince O.W.RD. I was in the right hand lane when a young girl driver in the left lane suddenly decided to move over. She put her ****** on and swerved immediately in front of me, not mirror, signal and manoeu'vre if it is safe, oh no, not her, she carried on oblivious to the fact she very nearly caused an accident. people like her should have an intelligence test before a driving test to see if there is anything up top.

There are a good few people still don't follow round the lines on the roundabout when going straight ahead. They use the right lane, cut across to the outside lane whilst on the round about and end up on the right-hand lane at the end and by doing so they hardly used the steering at all. I suppose it fine when no one is around, but some people just don’t realize that they are doing it when people are there. Part of the blame is that many roundabout lines are so worn out that they are not existent – Bochum roundabout near Jordanthorpe is the worst I’ve seen.

Another problem with people on Roundabout is that they indicate far too early giving you the impression that they are turning in at the exit before you but they are really indicating for the exit after you.

Right then, what's going on with the roundabout near Waitrose. I know it's been like it for ages, I keep expecting them to change the markings but they have not.

Heading up the ringroad (with Waitrose on your left), the middle lane is marked straight across or round, so I always use the middle lane to go along Charter Row as the road markins direct you that way. Most people get in the outside lane (closest to the central reservation), then they have to cut accross in front or into the side of you if you don't accelerate or break! These people then give you evil stares as if you are in the wrong! Is it just me? Who here uses the inside lane and is forced to cut people up?? Come on, own up!

Lol I know exactly what you mean Neeeeeek!

I use this roundabout tons of times everyday and have avoided SEVERAL near-misses from people using the inside lane incorrectly... Just cos I know what the fools are going to do!

Drives me potty I tell ya... Are flashing lights and horns not enough to make people wonder if they've just taken the wrong lane and almost caused a serious accident? Oooooh don't get me started!

the very left hand lane of this roundabout at the point which youre talking about is a left only lane isnt it? to go along ecclesall road. its plain to see to me ...straight on is middle lane .charter row is the far rightlane.maybe..:confused:

I think you've confused that a bit sunflower!

According to the signs, and the roadmarkings... The left hand lane (closest to waitrose) will take you left, onto ecclesall rd... Or straight on, in the outer lane, to hanover way... The middle lane will take you onto hanoverway also, but you'll end up in the right hand lane on hanover way, AND it also takes you right, towards atkinsons at the bottom of the moor... The right hand lane is to go all the way back around towards waitrose...

I think we may have a right hand lane cutter-acrosser here!

Sunflower may have got confused as I put inside lane not outside lane! I have edited my original post it to clear up any confusion. And for sunflowers benefit, I was refering to the lane closest to the central reservation that directs you all the way around the roundabout. (Hey Caprice, I bet your right but don't tell sunflower) ;)

ahem ! eee bye eck, now c'mon you lot just cos im a woman ! lol i never go all the way around that roundabout as i work on ecclesall road.and i go home via whirlow :hihi:

Originally posted by sunflower_gb

ahem ! i never go all the way around that roundabout as i work on ecclesall road.and i go home via whirlow :hihi:

Good! (By the sounds of it!) Sorry! lol