Roundabout at bottom of Ecclesall Road

Originally posted by caprice

I think you've confused that a bit sunflower!

According to the signs, and the roadmarkings... The left hand lane (closest to waitrose) will take you left, onto ecclesall rd... Or straight on, in the outer lane, to hanover way... The middle lane will take you onto hanoverway also, but you'll end up in the right hand lane on hanover way, AND it also takes you right, towards atkinsons at the bottom of the moor... The right hand lane is to go all the way back around towards waitrose...

I think we may have a right hand lane cutter-acrosser here!

Forgive me 'cus I don't use this r'about often..........

But are there not 2 exit lanes towards Atkinson's??

If so approaching from Bumall Lane, is it not correct to approach from centre of three lanes (for RHS exit of Hanover Way / or LHS exit towards Atkinsons) or RHS lane to exit towards A'kins in RHS exit (i.e. offside lane) ?

If the road towards Atkinsons has only one lane to exit......continue the discussion!!!

You would expect it to have 2 exits Charter row but it only has one. It seems that caprice and me are the only people who pay attention!! Your as bad as Sunflower!! ;)

lol now look ere , i use the left lane to turn left and go straight on and all the way round.whats wrong with that? cant any of you drive? lol ;) (of course i am jesting ):o

I suggest a mini forum meet outside Waitrose...

Neeeek and I shall wait with clipboards, with diagrams attached... Then we can show you the signs, the roadmarkings... Then fill out your sheet on your clipboard and we'll check you've got it right lol!

Good plan, we can pop in and get some Waitrose extra strong english cider while were there :D

well the curiosity has got the better of me i might go and look now while its quiet! lol:P

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

You would expect it to have 2 exits Charter row but it only has one. It seems that caprice and me are the only people who pay attention!! Your as bad as Sunflower!! ;)

Like I said I rarely use this roundabout and NEVER Charter Row - but has it only ONE exit lane??

Always thought this road had 2 lanes each way.

Enough of thid idle chit chat. I wan't to know who the numpties are that keep cutting us clever people up. OK to do it once as the roundabout is a bit strange, but until they correct it people should use the middle lane!

Ahhh, Fore has the courage to admit it! Yes, it only has one lane going onto charter row! Next time you nearly cause an accident cutting people up, DON'T GIVE THEM EVIL STARES!

:D

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

Ahhh, Fore has the courage to admit it! Yes, it only has one lane going onto charter row! Next time you nearly cause an accident cutting people up, DON'T GIVE THEN EVIL STARES!

:D

Not admitted cutting anyone up at all - if however I did I probably see it coming to avoid rather than wearing blinkers.

However not using this exit at all I am ABSOLUTELY AMAZED it has only one exit lane and every other has two from the same roundabout.

What times the meeting!!!!!!!

I have a solution

The one exit on to Charter Row should be made a buses only then all the car drivers can go around to go towards St mary's roundabout and then up Arundel gate.

If you head up towards the uinversity roundabout just remember the road markings on that one have car drivers swapping lane with little or no warning at all.

I know what you mean, but from a different pespective..... heading into town on Ecclesall Rd when reaching the big roundabout at Waitrose, the lanes are set out clearly - from left to right they are: left only, straight ahead only, straight ahead or right, and right only. For some reason, people seem to think the middle lane when there's 3 (before it reaches the 4 lanes above) gives them the divine right to barge into the straight ahead or right lane, when in actual fact if they followed their lane properly they'd be in the straight ahead only lane. They usually do it to cut traffic but rarely bother to indicate and just barge in. If they don't manage to barge in before the roundabout they do so ON the roundabout and almost cause accidents.