Magnet pub in Southey

In the early 70's I worked in the building trade, I must have been 26 year old, and the Magnet pub had the finest beer in Sheffield. Those days I was working out at Dore as a building labourer and I used to catch a bus at Southey into town and then walk and catch the no 50 bus to Dore. I started work at 8 am until 5 pm and after a hard day's navvying I used to arrive at the Magnet at 6 o'clock. I used to have 2 quick pints and then sit down. Then another 2 quick pints and go home to a big cow pie.

Yes, I am aware that working mens clubs sell beer cheaper. Ive had many a pint in The Walkley Working Mens club havent I ?:hihi:

walkley club......then you must know the legend that is kenny hunter ,and his good lady wife lillian?

i would say 90,ies deffo ,, i wos a bikers pub for years wen i used to go in ,, and as bein a biker i thort it wos great ,, is tim walton on here ????????

i would say 90,ies deffo ,, i wos a bikers pub for years wen i used to go in ,, and as bein a biker i thort it wos great ,, is tim walton on here ????????

Is this a new kind of language?

Can anyone remember the "hot dog" man in the early 60s? He used to turn up in something like an A40 van, open the back doors, and there inside was the food. He had a big tub of what I think was sausage meat and onions mixed together, and used to spread it onto a breadcake. Looking back, I don't recall a lot of hygiene being practised, and if today's food police came across anything like that now they'd shut it down. However, it was quite tasty, and as far as I know he never killed anyone!

I remember this bloke.and those sarnies.but it was outside the Meadow on Meadow Street,where I used to get them..yum yum..:love:

Does anybody remember Alan and Carol Mitchell had a daughter called Jane?

Does anybody remember Alan and Carol Mitchell had a daughter called Jane?
yes,i do,unfortunately old alan died of cancer.

I remember when they put camera's up.. Soon got pulled down by the dealers..

I used to go to school with the landlords son in the fifties. his name was Gary ------ cant for the life of me remember what his surname was. Can anyone remember??:help:

A deffo candidate for this years worst speller.:rolleyes:

A deffo candidate for this years worst speller.:rolleyes:

Get a LIFE

This is why I stopped coming on here.

Is the spelling and grammer within your standards, silly sod.

Edited by best sheff
Didn't put a capital I, silly me

Get a LIFE

This is why I stopped coming on here.

Is the spelling and grammer within your standards, silly sod.

Say it aint so.