Magnet pub in Southey

hi jack, not sure if its the right ivy, last time i saw her if its the right person, she lived at top of southey hill, and she passed away about 18 months ago, vicky.

it was cath o brien who lived on southey hill daughters maxine collette husband terry son terry

Is the old Southey Green Working Mens club still across the road.? Maybe someone from Southey will know.

Yes it's still there pat. :)

Anyone remember the Field family and the Smedleys?

Think they were in there alot back in the day

Anyone remember the Field family and the Smedleys?

Think they were in there alot back in the day

steve and billy?

Yes steve (DAR) and billy there is also Cliffe, Dougie There my uncles they told me alot of storys about the magnet

Yes steve (DAR) and billy there is also Cliffe, Dougie There my uncles they told me alot of storys about the magnet
still have a pint with them now and again dont see mick much these days though (hursty)

do any of you remember alan & mick heywood that use to go in, i think alan worked behind the bar at 1 stage i havnt seen him for a year or so, i still see mick evry week

i went in the magnet a few times mid eighties i lived at brightside but knew a couple of lads from there

Our mick lives in rotherham now, Dont really see him, only see him when all family meets up now and again.

Our mick lives in rotherham now, Dont really see him, only see him when all family meets up now and again.
HAD A PINT WITH MICK LAST NIGHT saw dar friday at pigeon club will see billy later at st johns green beer off :hihi::hihi:

I have spent many of summer, sat on maggie wall with a cool pint. I remember as a kid looking into the Magnet and thinking what an exciting place, when I grow up thats for me. Well I was naive then, but joking apart had many a good night in there. Even pulled a few ladies. (Yes I did say LADIES) Excellent memories, and yes these ladies will now like me, be slightly older, in their 40's. Damn the aging process. Give me back the Magnet and my youth anyday. I can but dream. As said i was naive.