The office christmas party

Hi all - just wondering about the office christmas party - so that we can choose somewhere decent instead of panicking and having to make do with something shoddy!

options so far include:

The Ivory

Ha Ha! bar

Pryory

Cafe Rouge

thoughts/additions?

Wig & Pen has had my vote for the last 2 years.

well personally i wasn't a fan of that place - found it very overpriced for what you got, which was basically not a lot! also the room upstairs which was reserved for us wasn't really big enough

We went to Cafe Rouge on Ecclesall Road last year but it was only a small group of us, about 8, and we had lovely food and great service. We went in the evening so that it was just like a meal out with friends rather than the usual mixture of turkey roll, paper hats, naff disco then stagger home.

...indeed - we went to cafe rouge a few years back and have to say i agree. there were rather more of us but it was still a very good place. food was good, had a great time there - was just wondering if maybe we could try somewhere else this year

what type of party are you wanting, meal, buffet ect

The Halcyon Bar, the Forum Cafe Bar and the Common Room are all taking Christmas bookings.

i haven't really decided whether to have a meal or a buffet - i'm keeping my options open on that one!

nicolas - thanks, but i already got them off the website!

Don't you just love office parties, everyone pretending to be best mates and having the times of their lives when really everyone wishes they were at home or out with actual mates!

i'm surprised you haven't recommended Burger King....

well i have thought about it...