Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

Well done BoroughGal - that's a bloody long time! Suppose you just have to kick all the rest of the bad habits now, eh? ;):hihi:

I have just ordered a copy of this book from Amazon, it cost just over £7 with first class post. It is estimated that it will arrive on Thursday of this week, so I am smoking my head off in antipication!:hihi:

I have just ordered a copy of this book from Amazon, it cost just over £7 with first class post. It is estimated that it will arrive on Thursday of this week, so I am smoking my head off in antipication!:hihi:

Smoke away ;)

Far as I remember, he recommends you still smoke while reading the book too!

Smoke away ;)

Far as I remember, he recommends you still smoke while reading the book too!

I must admit to feeling irritable even at the thought of stopping. The last time that I stopped my OH went and bought me a packet of fags as she could not live with me .:hihi::hihi:

Should be fun!

I bought the book a few months ago on E-Bay . It has a couple of CDs with it as well , which you are supposed to listen to once you have finished reading the book.

Up to now I hav'nt started it but I'm gearing myself up to it and hoping for the best

I must admit to feeling irritable even at the thought of stopping. The last time that I stopped my OH went and bought me a packet of fags as she could not live with me .:hihi::hihi:

Should be fun!

It could be a completely different experience this time (I hope so)

Don't be afraid to re-read parts (or all) of the book if it feels the right thing to do.

Let us know how you get on!

I am reading the book now and if he keeps on being patronising I will use the pages to roll my fags in.

I am reading the book now and if he keeps on being patronising I will use the pages to roll my fags in.

I need only POSITIVE vibes thanks!:roll:

Greetings, a bump from a yank :). Just like to say that I have bought the book yesterday and read a couple of pages, hope to finish it today and have the same results as others have had. (hope you don't mind a fellow from this side of the pond having a say here. :D

Greetings, a bump from a yank :). Just like to say that I have bought the book yesterday and read a couple of pages, hope to finish it today and have the same results as others have had. (hope you don't mind a fellow from this side of the pond having a say here. :D

I smoked for 35 years, up to 30 cigarettes daily. I read the book 7 months ago and have not touched a cigarette since. I must say that I was really ready to stop ,but, having said that the book helped enormously.

A NOTE FOR SMOKERS........What right do you have to make someone who loves you watch as you slowly kill yourself in front of their very eyes?

Who do you think you are to inflict such pain upon people who love you?:roll:

Heh! I just logged in to an old laptop that had SilkQuit running.

These are my stats....

Seven years, one week, four days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 15 seconds. 51376 cigarettes not smoked, saving £12,433.21. Life saved: 25 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes.

One of the best things I ever did was stop smoking. :)

Thanks Allen.

just looked on amazon, available for 1p + P&P.