Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

do you feel like a non-smoker?

When i read the book i knew i was an ex-smoker the minute i finished it

Yeah, I kind of feel really clean and fresh (even though I never used to smoke in

the day anyway). I'm really excited (I don't get out much)

Yeah, I kind of feel really clean and fresh (even though I never used to smoke in

the day anyway). I'm really excited (I don't get out much)

I felt all excited too ... so thats a good sign, ... please finish the book and keep it close to you, in the first year if i ever felt a weakness to start puffing away again i simply re-read the final chapter, it worked a treat. ..... and i was devoted to the weed (nicotine), i never thought I'd be able to kick the habit.

I felt all excited too ... so thats a good sign, ... please finish the book and keep it close to you, in the first year if i ever felt a weakness to start puffing away again i simply re-read the final chapter, it worked a treat. ..... and i was devoted to the weed (nicotine), i never thought I'd be able to kick the habit.

Thanks for that pinklady, I shall follow your advice.xxxx

I am now officially a non-smoker.

:partyhat: :banana:Woooooahhhh!! :banana::partyhat:

Wow, this thread has been on the go for quite some time now. Looking back over everyone's stories I really hope the sucess stories are still going on.

Can we have some updates from the previous posters? Would love to know how you're all getting on.

I'm pleased to say it is my 3 year anniversary today of stopping smoking. I have not touched one. No sneaky drunken lapses! I've been through happiness, stress, sadness, etc etc and not one of the occassions made me feel the need to reach for a ciggie. I'm dead proud of myself.

:thumbsup::banana::clap::partyhat:

Wow, this thread has been on the go for quite some time now. Looking back over everyone's stories I really hope the sucess stories are still going on.

Can we have some updates from the previous posters? Would love to know how you're all getting on.

I'm pleased to say it is my 3 year anniversary today of stopping smoking. I have not touched one. No sneaky drunken lapses! I've been through happiness, stress, sadness, etc etc and not one of the occassions made me feel the need to reach for a ciggie. I'm dead proud of myself.

:thumbsup::banana::clap::partyhat:

That's how it works :)

Happy anniversary Foxxx :partyhat::thumbsup:

I have read that book a number of times. the first time it worked, this was about 2 1/2 years ago, it worked til i forgot the "there is no just one cigarette" rule. i started again. i read it again last year when i was battling severe anxiety, didnt work. since then ive had a couple of pitiful attempts with patches (which i dont believe in at all) and ive been hypnotised. i stopped for 50 days, but on the 50th, i had a terrible day at work and had a cigarette for that reason. it made me feel no better, it just rehooked me. I paid for and had another hypnotherapy session and carried on smoking.

I bought it again last week and read it in 2 hours, then didnt smoke for 5 days, then on monday bought cigarettes for nooo reason. i read it again on tuesday and then after i finished my last cigarette was immediately sick. then yesterday i went out again for no reason, bought some cigarettes, felt stupid, tore the rest up and threw them away.

last night my boyfriend asked how it was going and i burst into tears, because i have been hiding it from him. he told me he'd help me and that its bound to be hard- but thats exactly what the book says it isnt, its the EASYWAY! yet again this morning, i bought cigarettes, i smoked all 10, hating each one, knowing all i was doing was feeding the monster. i finished at 12. dear god let this be the last time the monster gets the better of me! i hate smoking, i know its pointless and does nothing for me! from now on, strength!!

My ex did this last year, and it worked for him. He didn't smoke while reading the book and a little while after but has started again recently.

I have read that book a number of times. the first time it worked, this was about 2 1/2 years ago, it worked til i forgot the "there is no just one cigarette" rule. i started again. i read it again last year when i was battling severe anxiety, didnt work. since then ive had a couple of pitiful attempts with patches (which i dont believe in at all) and ive been hypnotised. i stopped for 50 days, but on the 50th, i had a terrible day at work and had a cigarette for that reason. it made me feel no better, it just rehooked me. I paid for and had another hypnotherapy session and carried on smoking.

I bought it again last week and read it in 2 hours, then didnt smoke for 5 days, then on monday bought cigarettes for nooo reason. i read it again on tuesday and then after i finished my last cigarette was immediately sick. then yesterday i went out again for no reason, bought some cigarettes, felt stupid, tore the rest up and threw them away.

last night my boyfriend asked how it was going and i burst into tears, because i have been hiding it from him. he told me he'd help me and that its bound to be hard- but thats exactly what the book says it isnt, its the EASYWAY! yet again this morning, i bought cigarettes, i smoked all 10, hating each one, knowing all i was doing was feeding the monster. i finished at 12. dear god let this be the last time the monster gets the better of me! i hate smoking, i know its pointless and does nothing for me! from now on, strength!!

Although the Allen Carr method worked for me (it's been nearly 2 years now!), inevitably it won't work for everyone. There are other "stop smoking" books around - one I read at the time was "The Nicotine Trick" by Neil Casey, which nearly worked for me and has had a fair few positive reviews online.

As I've also mentioned before, if you understand the Allen Carr method but want a more "hand-on" approach than just reading the book, they do run "Easyway" one-day stop smoking workshops, where the success rate is much higher. The next one in Sheffield is on Sunday 20th July, details on the link below....

http://www.easywayyorkshire.co.uk/html/booking.html

Thanks Maggi and all you other kind forum posters out there.

Hmm... When I posted the link, it was in response to a post by Rob Groves saying that they were the person running the course in Sheffield on 1st November, but couldn't post the link themselves.

That post also said that SF people could pay half price for the course (£110) if they mentioned they saw it here.

Rob Groves, would you like to clarify if this is still the case?