Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

They have the book at Asda (Handsworth) for about £5.50..

Has anyone seen it there recently?

As there seem to be several new smoking threads - perhaps with the ban now only a couple of months away - I thought it would be useful to resurrect this thread.

Thanks Basil, I really need to stop, just never managed it.

Has anyone seen it there recently?

Yes, I have.

I'm still stopped, it's now just over 3 months. Good luck.

As there seem to be several new smoking threads - perhaps with the ban now only a couple of months away - I thought it would be useful to resurrect this thread.

ooo thankyou Basil, i ordered my book back in february put it on the book shelf and forgot all about it.

Nothing juicy and exciting best happen on the forum for the next few days cos ill be busy reading and miss it :|

Yes, I have.

I'm still stopped, it's now just over 3 months. Good luck.

BRILLIANT !! well done you :D

Thanks Litha.. just read it with an open mind. I have to say, I've recommended it to about 3 people, none of which it's worked for, so don't put yourself under pressure, just have a go.

Saying all that, it totally worked for me, and although I might have had the odd fleeting desire for a fag, it doesn't last long, and it's not strong enough for me to follow through. For the first time in my life (and I've stopped for long periods several times before) I feel sure that this time, I won't start again.

His style is a bit corny, and half way through you'll probably think - 'this just isn't working for me' - just persevere. It's only a couple of days out of your life, if it works, brilliant, if not, no harm done.

Good luck. x

I understood the method, but the book just left me with too many unanswered questions. In the end I went to one of the one-day workshops - that was at the end of July last year and I haven't smoked since.

Further details here - you can even do it in Sheffield!

http://www.allencarrseasyway.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=89

I understood the method, but the book just left me with too many unanswered questions. In the end I went to one of the one-day workshops - that was at the end of July last year and I haven't smoked since.

Glad it worked out for you one way or another BasilRathbon :thumbsup:

I've just got a copy off Amazon.

I'll get round to reading it one day.

OUCH! I followed the link £220! I got the same result and lifetime guarantee from a hypnotherapist for £150 and I thought that was a bit pricey until I saw the results.

OUCH! I followed the link £220! I got the same result and lifetime guarantee from a hypnotherapist for £150 and I thought that was a bit pricey until I saw the results.

The Allen Carr EasyWay Clinic does offer a full money back guarantee though.. Here:

http://www.easywayyorkshire.co.uk/html/guarantee.html

just bought this book off ebay for £3 odd, hope it works:)