Sign in to follow this  

What's Lower Walkley like?

I found a niceish house towards the tram-line end of burgoine road -

was a bit disturbed by the broken down houses in the area but it didnt seem too bad - just a bit quiet and isolated.

anyone had any experience round those parts? is it safe to park a car there at night?

ta

Its one of the better places in sheffield. Your car isnt going to be 100% safe but its the lowest band for house insurance in that area.

I don't where that road is, but I live in Lower Walkley.

It's nice enough, not had any major problems. Car's have been fine, normally parked on the road.

Can be a bit noisy if your near walkley lane, traffic and people walking up at pub kicking out time.

convenient for the tram and buses, close to rivelyn valley for greenery.

I'd rather live out of town, and/or have better access to the motorway, but you could do much worse.

hello matt. we move into our new flat tomorrow :D

It's nice. We live just off Walkley Lane and have never been really disturbed by people leaving pubs or by traffic noise. We've got two small children and have always felt safe. Hillsborough and Rivelin parks are within walking distance and Hillsboro' park has a decent library. There's also Boots, Woolworths, Morrisons, B&Q and Co-Op all really near. Rivelin and Sacred Heart are the local primaries, both with very good reputations and good results. We leave the car on the street and it's never been a problem. Good family area; mix of incomers and traditional Sheffielders. (Not a student area like it was maybe 10 years ago.)

The secondary school catchment is Myers Grove, which is more of a cause for concern. I have to admit that's one of our main reasons for moving (we're off to Loxley).

Apart from that, the only downside seems to be convincing people that you live in Lower Walkley, not Hillsborough!