The diary of Mildred Kelp -Am I being unreasonable?

A mad husband married to a woman who is so naïve she questions herself when he plans ridiculous schemes and makes daft suggestions.

Part one here.

The diary of Mildred Kelp.

Edited by Mantaspook
Updated server link.

If it's fiction i loved it. If it's fact have you considered sending your husband to see a shrink ,i think he needs help.

Hi Seriessix & welcome to the Writers Forum. :wave:

That story had some nice surreal comic moments but the ending could do with some rework.

I was expecting it to reach a climax, either by the wife becoming exasperated and throwing him out, or by the house been blown up by one of his madcap inventions, but the story just petered out in a disappointing manner without really explaining why the husband was acting so strangely, or indeed why the wife was so bemusedly compliant.

Any chance of a chapter 2?

:) Welcome to the Group seriessix.....:thumbsup:

I liked the "diary" format. I really hope that you will entertain us with more of your outragiously funny diary writings, and please feel free to use this Section of the Sheffield Forum to expand your Diary and Letters in the fuller format.

I'm sure you will soon become a very popular contributor to the Writing Group.

Your writing style reminds me of Peter Cook's whimsical representation of "E.L. Whisty" some years ago. :)

More, more and more please!

Your writing style reminds me of Peter Cook's whimsical representation of "E.L. Whisty" some years ago. :)

It reminds me of a heavily concussed Tom Sharpe.

However, I must say I like nothing better than sitting in front of my monitor with a nice hot cup of tea and reading the seriessix meanderings thread on the forum – Its well worth a read, even taking into account the time it takes to cover the computer with polythene sheets.

However, I must say I like nothing better than sitting in front of my monitor with a nice hot cup of tea and reading the seriessix meanderings thread on the forum – Its well worth a read, even taking into account the time it takes to cover the computer with polythene sheets.

Glad to know it's not just me who avoids taking a piping hot brew to the computer as I look on to the "Meandering's" Thread.

Maybe seriessix can suggest a cheap source of polythene sheeting from one of the many people his/her mind recalls. :hihi:

Thanks for the kind words.

Mantaspook – I totally understand your comment concerning the ending, it is going to continue – I’ve updated the opening thread to indicate that:)

My husband has been working two part time jobs recently. He gets in at about one in the afternoon from one job and then heads off again about four thirty to the other. Yesterday afternoon I heard him unlocking the door and thought it would be fun if I surprised him, so I hid inside the cupboard in the living room. After he got in he called out for me, I sat in the dark cupboard and said nothing. Almost at that very moment a strange feeling came over me, I had deceived my husband, I had lied. I watched though the crack in the door as he took his coat off and sat down on the sofa to read the paper. I considered revealing myself but was afraid that it may give him too much of a fright. Time passed slowly, the longer I hid the bigger the deception was. I watched in silence as he turned the pages of the paper, I began to worry that he'd hear the sound of my breathing. After about an hour I began to feel very uncomfortable but dare not move in case he heard me.

After he'd finished the paper he switched on the TV, the sound allowed me to move a little and I managed to alleviate some of the stiffness in my legs. As he dozed I listened to the clock on the mantle piece tick. Did he know I was there? I had got quite cold by 3'o'clock and was also hungry, however I stayed stock still in the dark cupboard. An hour or so later he got up to prepare himself for work. He left the room to go upstairs but I thought I'd best wait till he left. At 4.20 he came back into the room to get his keys and coat, five minutes later he was gone. I carefully climbed out of the cupboard and closed it's doors and went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Dearest lady....another classic....:hihi: :hihi: :hihi::thumbsup:

My husband has been working two part time jobs recently. He gets in at about one in the afternoon from one job and then heads off again about four thirty to the other. Yesterday afternoon I heard him unlocking the door and thought it would be fun if I surprised him, so I hid inside the cupboard in the living room. After he got in he called out for me, I sat in the dark cupboard and said nothing. Almost at that very moment a strange feeling came over me, I had deceived my husband, I had lied. I watched though the crack in the door as he took his coat off and say down on the sofa to read the paper. I considered revealing myself but was afraid that it may give him too much of a fright. Time passed slowly, the longer I hid the bigger the deception was. I watched in silence as he turned the pages of the paper, I began to worry that he'd hear the sound of my breathing. After about an hour I began to feel very uncomfortable but dare not move in case he heard me.

After he'd finished the paper he switched on the TV, the sound allowed me to move a little and I managed to alleviate some of the stiffness in my legs. As he dozed I listened to the clock on the mantle piece tick. I had got quite cold by 3'o'clock and was also hungry, however I stayed stock still in the dark cupboard. An hour or so later he got up to prepare himself for work. He left the room to go upstairs but I thought I'd best wait till he left. At 4.20 he came back into the room to get his keys and coat, five minutes later he was gone. I carefully climbed out of the cupboard and closed it's doors and went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

Brilliant.I love stories with no meaning !!! Bit like a superior version of "The Goons"

hi,you re writing is nice.we all woman had a least one diary in our entirely life.there are just a few men ,who have one ,and just a tiny percent who make it public.how much percent is fiction and how much is real life in your writting ,if i can ask?:)

Edited by Mantaspook
Removed quote containing null link.