House removal advice/recommendations - no quotes/advertising

Got to suggest SBS, we've used others in the past but SBS give the best overall service. The office staff polite and helpful. The lads who do the removal polite, and a laugh too. Always careful with our stuff.

Hi its dave from 2 men 1 van, we will offer a good competitive price, any day,any time, phone me on (07904) 698726 or pm me or e-mail davidowl@hotmail.co.uk

we have goods in transit insurance and come with 1,2 or 3 men to suit your budget and we give you a fixed price for the job

---------------------------------------------------------

better any qoute you have been

Can any one recommend a trustworthy removal company that doesn't cost the earth ? Mr Poppylamb may be away when we move and I am far too weedy to help carry the wardrobe downstairs . If we didn't have to remortgage the new house to pay them too that would be perfect :)

Has anyone used Greens removals? we had a few quote's over the last few days and it's a toss up between them and SBS. Greens offer free boxes where as SBS charge for them and have a more expensive hourly rate for a friday.

Try the place opposite Endcliffe park, next road down from Onslow Rd, at bottom of the hill - he usually does work for the council, but will do other stuff at decent rates if given some notice

Anyone out there who can give me any more up-to-date reccomendations to move my goods and chattels?

I want someone reliable at a reasonable price. Its a two bed flat, to a three bedroom house. Cheers.

We used SBS last time we moved, they were efficient but very expensive. I've heard Pickfords are good and will probably try them next time. I'll ask for a price for the job this time and NOT settle for just an hourly rate as this gets expensive if there are any delays in getting the keys to your new property.

Kev

I have been warned off SBS by a couple of people - unreliable, turning up 3 hours late, not being careful with the boxes etc.

We have been recommended Speights and are using them when we move at the end of the month.

Pickfords have quoted me £520 (3 bed semi to local 3 bed detached) including late key and cancellation insurance.

SBS are £55/hour + vat (min 4 hours) = £50 cancellation insurance.

Its hard to know which to choose.

SBS will be cheaper if they load and unload quickly, but if im left waiting for the key and it drags on then Pickfords quote for doing the job may be better.

i assume the removal men dont rush, unless they want to finish work early.

I have been warned off SBS by a couple of people - unreliable, turning up 3 hours late, not being careful with the boxes etc.

We have been recommended Speights and are using them when we move at the end of the month.

Hi little missy, i am suprised about that.. i have always found them to be exellent

But i hear that speights are ok as well...

our firm use sbs once a week and we dont have any problem....:)

Pickfords have quoted me £520 (3 bed semi to local 3 bed detached) including late key and cancellation insurance.

SBS are £55/hour + vat (min 4 hours) = £50 cancellation insurance.

Its hard to know which to choose.

SBS will be cheaper if they load and unload quickly, but if im left waiting for the key and it drags on then Pickfords quote for doing the job may be better.

i assume the removal men dont rush, unless they want to finish work early.

Get SBS to quote.... bet they would be cheaper and if you move with them... ask for danny and andy:cool:

We used SBS - they were excellent. They managed to get another crew in halfway through to make sure we got in before nightfall (for a price of course, but well worth it).

Get SBS to quote.... bet they would be cheaper and if you move with them... ask for danny and andy:cool:

Thanks boosh

I did ring SBS but they just quoted an hourly rate of £55/hour (+vat).

I got the impression that they dont do individual quotes, just a flat hourly rate

If SBS do the move in say 4-5 hours then they would be cheaper than Pickfords. But If I have delays getting the key to the new house then they could work out expensive if they charge by the hour.

Its a gamble that could easily go wrong

Cheers