Whats the best broadband

I use BT Broadband.

8MB speed and I've never had any problems with it.

I did try Demon for a while, but they were expensive and the service kept tripping out several times a day.

If you can get it in your area, get Telewest and don't rely on the quality of old phonelines and distance from your exchange etc. as they use their own network of cables.

I moved from ADSL after having promises of high speeds let down by old copper lines from the exchange, meaning I couldn't get more than 6Mb and that was unreliable. I went to TW and they installed a 10Mb product without any issues at all and I've had no problems with them since I started using them months back.

Highly recommended.

One to avoid that springs to mind is Plusnet, avoid at all costs.

Telewest is really good and i have had no issues with them. They have now got Virgin Mobile too and i dont know if anyone saw but they are going to be recalled Virgin Media and the MD on the TV talked about 50meg BB at the beginning of next year to blow everyone else out of the water! so now might be a great time to jump on board with them.

Cheers.

Darkstar

50Mb sounds nice, but I doubt you'll find many services and sites that support anything even close to that.

Even the 10Mb service is only used to potential on a few sites and TW's own services, so on most sites and services you may not notice all that much of a difference.

We just went over to Virgin Broadband last thursday, there was a problem with setting it up as i needed a RJ11 cable (i didn't know :hihi: ) and couldn't stay online.

I ended up calling the help number 25p per min 3 times, first time i couldn't understand a word the man said: confused: , 2nd i went through it all again only then to be cut off, 3rd time i could understand his speech but not the content :hihi: , in the end an online friend took great time and trouble to help get through to my non technical brain what was needed (thanks again Itosan :D ).

The broadband is now working and is really good at 14.99 per month, there is also an option for a calls package but i think i will let my headache subside before i look at that one :rolleyes: .

Hi,

Didn't they provide all the kit you need to connect? It says on their website that the basic kit they provide is ALL you need; as I'm thinking about signing up, this could make a difference.

Cheers,

Ade

Telewest Blueyonder is pretty good. I've never had any problems with it and they periodically give you a free upgrade to your bandwidth.

Hi,

Didn't they provide all the kit you need to connect? It says on their website that the basic kit they provide is ALL you need; as I'm thinking about signing up, this could make a difference.

Cheers,

Ade

It depends if you are putting the cable directly into the telephone point, if so yes you will be ok.

I had an extention cable and that would not work with the BB, as soon as i replaced the old cable with an RJ11 cable i had no more problems.

With ADSL you are always better using the shortest connection from your phone point to your PC or router as possible. The longer the internal cable, the lower the performance of your connection normally. It's also worth identifying your 'master' phone point and using that for your connection.

I use NTL Residential and NTL Business both had no problems

I have tw BB and never had a problem since the day they launched the service. Now I was wondering seeing as they bought virgin, will we be able to include a mobile in the packages as well :D

In the seven years of being online I found that AOL is by far the best and least hassle.

God knows why people say its crap because Ive never had any trouble with it in the two years Ive used it.

In the seven years of being online I found that AOL is by far the best and least hassle.

God knows why people say its crap because Ive never had any trouble with it in the two years Ive used it.

Funnily I'd have to aggree can anybody give me the same speed and no download limits for £30 per month