Whats the best broadband

tried orange this week and couldnt get it to work...went on their "helpline" at 50 pence a minute and talked to somebody who had about as much idea as i did...cost about £12 pounds for the call and i am now back on dial up:huh:

If you have any problems in future, go onto:

http://www.saynoto0870.com

You can search by company name or by a number, and get a localised version of the premium rate number.

Orange broadbands local number is:

01642 732773 or 01642 732772

This could have been your problem:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6058154.stm

NTL has always been a good service to me with excellent back up ... very prompt service ..... last year changing the set top box to silver to match my new tv :hihi:

Telewest ok, if your not a night time user.

I use to be with Orange/Wannado/Freeserve and never had a single problem in 8 years, then transfered to Talk Talk and be warned their customer service is horrific,although once on line it aint bad!.

i had no problems with telewest at nights - then i changed to bulldog and years on i am happy with them - probably got one of the fastest connections in the UK at this time.. although i am sure it'l get faster

my connection is LLU ADSL 2+ 23MB down and 1.5MB up

And it's about £50 a month with a phoneline and unlimited calls.

a good site to compare is http://www.net4nowt.com

Telewest is good...no problems

I have always been with Telewest very few problems any problems I have had where quickly sorted out.

My only gripe though is that they have become a tad expensive in recent times.

Blueyonder (Telewest Broadband) - Dont use other peoples networks to supply the service which is a plus. I've had no problems with customer service or any problems accessing the service. :)

Been with Tiscali for about 6 months and have had no issues. £19.99 monthly for 2 meg including all landline telephone calls which we find very beneficial.

We just went over to Virgin Broadband last thursday, there was a problem with setting it up as i needed a RJ11 cable (i didn't know :hihi: ) and couldn't stay online.

I ended up calling the help number 25p per min 3 times, first time i couldn't understand a word the man said: confused: , 2nd i went through it all again only then to be cut off, 3rd time i could understand his speech but not the content :hihi: , in the end an online friend took great time and trouble to help get through to my non technical brain what was needed (thanks again Itosan :D ).

The broadband is now working and is really good at 14.99 per month, there is also an option for a calls package but i think i will let my headache subside before i look at that one :rolleyes: .