Sign in to follow this  

Can someone love you too much?

I love my partner very much but he depends on me to much. He worships the ground I walk on and is very happy to admit it. He texts me the same text every morning and we speak at 9.30pm for 30 mins. I feel like I'm living groundhog day but when I tell him how I feel he says sorry and gets upset.

How can I break this pattern?

Isn't the guy in the Army?

He probably just misses his loved one and having to speak to him for half an our every evening shouldnt be a chore.

I'm not sure sheffieldforum.co.uk is the best place for all this relationship advice, to be honest...

Have you ever considered going on Trisha? :D

Have an affair or tell him that he's not the father of your children. That works for most women

As I said above

Originally posted by jackthedog

I'm not sure sheffieldforum.co.uk is the best place for all this relationship advice, to be honest...

Sounds to me that you are bored with his attention which shouldn't be the case if you really love someone. You should relish the time spent chatting on the phone etc. If I'm wrong and you really do love him then why don't you try and break the pattern by sending him a text before he get's the chance or maybe call him when he's not expecting it etc.

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

Sounds to me that you are bored with his attention why don't you try and break the pattern by sending him a text before he get's the chance or maybe call him when he's not expecting it etc.

I do try. When he comes home I take him fishing (which he loves) and take him out doing different things but its hard as he's such a quiet person and doesnt really talk. He is younger than me and maybe this is one of the problems

Originally posted by jackthedog

Have you ever considered going on Trisha? :D

Bet yet people can talk about tooth problems or what sweets are nicer?

It seems to me that you are stifled by all this, so you kissed the barman the other night, now feel bad.......but your current relationship isn't suiting you. The fact you are posting your thoughts on here suggests that you are seeking confirmation that things ain't all that rosey.....although the folks on here are more likely to support you than anything else. I see storm clouds ahead....!;)

Ring him and say..."welcome to Dumpsville...population you"

(thanks to Homer J for the quote)

Originally posted by hotbombshell

I do try. When he comes home I take him fishing (which he loves) and take him out doing different things but its hard as he's such a quiet person and doesnt really talk. He is younger than me and maybe this is one of the problems

Maybe you should seriously consider whether this relationship is right for you. Sounds to me like you have different agendas with regards to the relationship and I get the impression that you are not happy cos of this.

My advice would be to do the best for YOU and if that means being selfish then so be it.

my wife often says im 2 clingy and posesive, thats how some people are when they love someone. i think in my case its insercurity what causes it but thats how iam. isnt it better than treating someone like **** and not caring at all.

sheesh! all the bleating on another post about how much I love my fella and I'm really gutted about kissing another bloke and now this?

Put the poor sod out of his misery as you're obviously not interested! :loopy: