Langsett Walk - Sunday 29th Oct

Sorry this isn't an invitation! :blush: It's a report back on an impromptu last-minute walk round the Langsett Reservoirs today.

Great weather and a lovely walk with some SFWG regulars... hopefully, there will be some photos of this one soon. :D The walk is a nice easy-going one with a pub and a cafe nearby. Good woodland strollling and excellent fungi spotting opportunities too. You can't ask for more!

Yay! What a gorgeous day. Started off as a 'mooch' and a pub lunch, ended up as a full blown hike (and pub lunch - too much to pay, not enough to eat).

The weather was incredible, we couldn't believe it was almost November. Two reservoirs for the price of one, even if the second one was a bit coy and metaphorically wearing a burqa. I had never been to Langsett before, and it is beautiful. Thank you so much for the lift, Feargal.

The woman at the cafe at the end seemed a bit nonplussed at the effusiveness of our gratitude and admiration! Tea that cheap, plentiful and made-proper was just the best thing after a day like today.

I measured with my string and inch-to-mile OS map, and I made it seven and a half miles. But there were a lot of hills too.

Here are the photos

They're in the wrong order, unfortunately. The ones at the start were at the end of the day, so it might look a little odd. :)

Who went? Think I recognise Scubz, Bambi and Txman from the photos

Mr Tess was working :(

Who went? Think I recognise Scubz, Bambi and Txman from the photos

Mr Tess was working :(

Yes, clearly Scubz, taxman, bambi and Feargal went, but who's the mystery person on the right?

Yes, clearly Scubz, taxman, bambi and Feargal went, but who's the mystery person on the right?

He was a jogger we got chatting to.