Elsecar and Wentworth walk Sunday 5th November

You could always let the train take the strain:)

Could do, have to look into costs though

I've been chatting to Taxman about traintimes etc and costs and think I might make it

What are the food arrangements, just so I know to bring food or cash!

I've been chatting to Taxman about traintimes etc and costs and think I might make it

What are the food arrangements, just so I know to bring food or cash!

Food arrangements are whatever you want them to be!

Bring your own, there`s a pub or two serving food, theres a general store open for snacks, there`ll be chestnuts and mushrooms to forage for! So much choice!

Seriously, everybody has different ideas, but I`ll be buying something somewhere in Wentworth, maybe we`ll split for an hour in Wentworth , have a mooch round and those that want a pub get one, and those that don`t can do summat else!

Well it looks like I am coming, the only thing that will stop me is I'm waiting to hear from a freind about when they can come and sort out a computer problem for me, if they can come Sunday then I can't come :(

BTW Tess will be coming as well

And i will be joining you for yet another thrilling walk.

Just a little more information. As I said earlier in the week, the walk is around 8 miles, but looking on the map, the `1/2 way stopping point` Wentworth, is only 2 miles into it. This is the only place to get food, and find toilet facilities, so it looks like there`ll be an early stop! Thought about going the other way round, but that`d mean not getting to Wentworth till 2ish or later, which is a bit late in the day for lunch I think.

The other thing is, we will go thro` the grounds of Wentworth Woodhouse, which is a huge stately home, and according to the Guiness Book of records has the largest no. of windows on a single house frontage in the UK! Anyone with cameras might find some good photo opportunities with this building, Wentworth village, and all the follies that we`ll see on the Wentworth estate.

And i will be joining you for yet another thrilling walk.

Glad to hear it Bambi. Do us a favour empty your inbox dear!

Doesn't look like I will be coming :( Heard from my computer fixing friend and all being well they will be coming Sunday. Next time folkes!

Does anybody know if we're passing a dog pub en route?

There always used to be one in Wentworth, did doggy meals if I remember right

you can take dogs in the Rockingham Arms in Wentworth, but on the other hand, looking at the weather forecast it`s going to be nice enough to sit outside!

:D We'll deffo be there then :thumbsup: