Does anyone have A Sprocker Spaniel?

What is it with these designer dogs, a sprocker ... oh for goodness sake :rolleyes:

isnt that what you get when your neighbours dog accidently gets into your garden and at your bitch?:hihi:

My old dog (he was fabulous) was a labcollieaslastionwhippetterriergreyhoundbeadle ... hows that for unique designer eh? ... :D fit as a fiddle and always healthy .... my present dog (no posh designer here, shes a standard cavvy) is ALWAYS at the vets ... give me a cross ... oops i mean designer dog any day (the more design the better) :rolleyes:

My old dog was a labcollieaslastionwhippetterriergreyhoundbeadle ... :

Stoppit, you'll give someone ideas and before you know it they'll be all the rage!

(Think I've maybe owned a few of these in my time too)

Does the Kennel Club still rule that a "mis match" like this ruins the bitch, and dis-whatsits (disqualifies?) her future pedigree?

and if so, how does that fare for future matings, and the pedigrees (or not) of the puppies resulting from that, even if sired by a dog with an immaculate pedigree?

Does the Kennel Club still rule that a "mis match" like this ruins the bitch, and dis-whatsits (disqualifies?) her future pedigree?

and if so, how does that fare for future matings, and the pedigrees (or not) of the puppies resulting from that, even if sired by a dog with an immaculate pedigree?

I dont show dogs so i could be wrong .... but unless paired with a matching pedigree the bitch is 'ruined'

why is that? .... why cant a pedigree mate with a mongrel .... produce pups, but then if she mates with a matching pedagree, the pups are void of pedigree?? someone explain please

Thats what I thought- and I think its the same for pedigree cats too

We have a 3yr old Sprocker (springer x cocker) called Alfie. We have had him for 2 years now but never come across any other owners in that time? We didn't know that they were so rar especially given that his temprement makes him such a perfect pet.

So does anybody else own a sprocker? :)

Hiya!! i would like to say that there is something known as a 'sprocker'spaniel! and they are lovely dogs!! i would love to see pics of Alfie! i have an almost 2 year old sprocker spaniel izzy! she is the most friendly pet there is! and why cant they be called sprockers when other dogs have mixed breed names like, ''labradoodle''!! sprockers do exsist and i no they are lovely!!!

a springer cross cocker exists not a sprocker. A lab cross poodle exists not a labradoodle. They are just designer names thought up to make these dogs more appealing so the breeders can whack a hefty price tag on what is esentially a mutt.

A neighbour of mine acquired a "Shorky".

a "very rare and expensive breed, you know... ! :nod: "

turns out he was a Shih Tzu crossed with a Yorkie.... :rolleyes:

Mu old-lad who passed a fortnight ago was a fox terrier/ whippet cross on his dam's side, and a westie-cairn-y shaggy cross on his sire's side, so he was a "Bitzer" (Bitz-er this and Bitz-er that) or, what's known in common parlance as a "Heinz" (having 57 varieties)

We have a 3yr old Sprocker (springer x cocker) called Alfie. We have had him for 2 years now but never come across any other owners in that time? We didn't know that they were so rar especially given that his temprement makes him such a perfect pet.

So does anybody else own a sprocker? :)

Sure do and his names bert.....4 yrs old and a nutter but well trained and lovely natured,with high intelligence to easily beat my two german shepherds!! he's the same colour as a red setter,which i think are quite rare.:roll::roll::

pete

hi there,

i am looking at getting a sprocker, or for the less imaginative and light hearted people, a springer cross cocker, and want to know if anyone has an older one? we had a cocker spaniel who was just amazing, he died young however of kidney failure as he was show stock and so not bred for good health! i was wondering how long sprockers usually live? this one i am looking at was bred specifically for use by the breeder to work but they are not going to this season now and have decided to sell her, at around half the price of all the cocker pups i have seen! any helpful replies will be appreciated :)

Becky

I'm not a fan of designer breeds and indeed not keen on irresponsible breeding solely for looks and money. However, in defence of the 'sprocker' - if you speak to people in the gun dog circles they will tell you that it was bred for a reason. The 2 breeds have strong working tendencies and each have excellent field qualities. Gundog breeders experimented a little with these 2 breeds and found that crossing them produced an excellent working gundog.

However, I would much prefer breeders and owners exercised more caution and consideration for the number of unwanted dogs out there before embarking on creating more breeds!