Does anyone have A Sprocker Spaniel?

Ozzie is a cocker but I think his mother was scared by a bear. He is so broad accross his back. I have suspisions his backbone is none exsistant. The person I got him from who was also his breeder told me the person who owned him did not give him enough to eat????? I am in the process of cutting his food intake but...could it be he is crossed with a springer?

if your'e avatar is a ozzie , then he is a defo cocker.

having kept them bred them for 20+ years i can tell by looking at them.

however if you check the first cockers they look nothing like the ones we have today.they were smaller with straggly ears and a longer muzzle.

That gave me a right fright :hihi:

Alf wouldn't stay still long enough for clothes :( !!

Aw he's adorable!

He looks like a stumpy springer!! :lol: he's lovely, I bet you're really proud.

I can understand why you call him your sprocker, I call mine the spotties and we all have pet names, I just wanted to make sure other readers were clear that they shouldn't be sold off as 'sprockers' because of the recent 'designer dogs' pandemic!

What with dogs being advertised as puggles, rat poos, cocker poos and schnoodles it's getting a bit silly.

I agree with the ethics of breeding labradoodles but perhaps they should have been given a much more sensible name if they intended to make them a breed and then we wouldn't have the silly names creeping into just about every cross breed around.

I have no issue with cross breeds believe me, yes I have pedigree dogs but some of the loveliest dogs I have met are cross breeds and we used to have a heinz 57. My issue lies with the intentional breeding of two breeds without frist looking at the associated health risks and making matters far, far worse.

Your dog is lovely :)

Thanks Globule- he's so pretty he is rather spoilt :)

Ha I wouldn't be able to resisit him either! Just have to also mention the beautiful Pippo... I almost choked on me coffee! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

We have a 3yr old Sprocker (springer x cocker) called Alfie. We have had him for 2 years now but never come across any other owners in that time? We didn't know that they were so rar especially given that his temprement makes him such a perfect pet.

So does anybody else own a sprocker? :)

My name is Charlotte i have a sprocker spaniel called alfie he is 2 years old in janurary and is is liver and white colour with his tail and so loving and is good at traning his has lots of energy and i also hane a white jack russel call strife who is 1 in october:hihi::)