Does anyone have A Sprocker Spaniel?

We have a 3yr old Sprocker (springer x cocker) called Alfie. We have had him for 2 years now but never come across any other owners in that time? We didn't know that they were so rar especially given that his temprement makes him such a perfect pet.

So does anybody else own a sprocker? :)

doubt anyone has a sprocker as there's no such thing, someone may have a springer x cocker though...

I've met a few people who claim to own one or the other, but there's no way they are! We met an enormous dog claiming to be a cocker last week, but it had a smooth coat and a suspiciously staffy looking skull :suspect:

Cockers and springers are very different in size and coat, so you may spot one in a Sheffield park, but be prepared to get short shrift if you suggest they don't have the pure bred spaniel they paid for :(

No Alfie has never been a pure bred!!! We bought him from someone for £100 who didn't even ask to see where lived or ask us any questions about our suitability as a pet owner 1st. We gave them the £100 because there was just a tiny frail miserable looking dog sat scared to death in a dingy house and we knew we couldn't leave him there. He was advertised as a cocker but as soon as we saw him we knew he wasnt a cocker. It was our vet who told us he was a springer cocker cross and they are ofter called sprockers. We always refer to Alfie as a sprocker not because we think hes a pure bred but because its less of a mouthful. We don't care what breed he is we know he's a cross we still love him to bits x

Sorry Princess, I thought you were looking for other owners, and I was suggesting why you may not get many answers ;)

There are people in Sheffield with a dog like yours, but they prefer to believe the person who sold them the supposed cocker or springer and get quite shirty if you say something like 'oooohhh, a Sprocker, just like mine!'

I know owning a dog seems to be more like owning a handbag- people get quite pretencious and hung up on the breed! I love having a 'sprocker/ springer cocker x/ mutt' he's beautiful and so much fun. I just really wondered if anyone else had a dog of the same cross and how they had got on with training.

princess, I'm sorry but the name is down to terrible breeders who deal in 'designer dogs' and it's one of those things that require my soap box ;)

I shouldn't have replied in the manner I did, I apologise I was being silly. It wasn't really for your benefit but for those reading it to try and minimise the amount of people taken in by these designer dogs.

Ozzie is a cocker but I think his mother was scared by a bear. He is so broad accross his back. I have suspisions his backbone is none exsistant. The person I got him from who was also his breeder told me the person who owned him did not give him enough to eat????? I am in the process of cutting his food intake but...could it be he is crossed with a springer?

We have a 3yr old Sprocker (springer x cocker) called Alfie. We have had him for 2 years now but never come across any other owners in that time? We didn't know that they were so rar especially given that his temprement makes him such a perfect pet.

So does anybody else own a sprocker? :)

What makes you think you have a sprocker, as it could be a Cockspring you own. :hihi: