Advice on fitting LCD tv to wall please.

What do you mean by 'taking an extension'? A pre made cable plugged into a socket? Or a spur?

Anyone can do electrical wiring. The thing is, if you change something, it has to be inspected by a 'part P' qualified electrician. By law, that is.

This is just not true.

There are certain parts of the house where a new spur does not require Part P Certification.

The living room is one such part.

The regulations state quite clearly:

"Table 1: Work that need NOT be notified to building control bodies.

........ Work that is NOT in a kitchen or special location ...... and consists of;

...... Adding socket outlets and fused spurs to an existing ring or radial circuit ..."

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADP_2006.pdf

.... and many other advisory/guidance documents will clarify this even more.

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone picks it up. There's no need to bury the cables in the wall anymore if you don't want to go to all the hassle and expense or just can't because your in a rented house or flat and yer landlord ain't keen on you digging his wall out !!. I saw this cable cover system being demonstrated by a company from Hull at Costco about 3 weeks back. Costco don't sell it yet and I think it's only available off the net.

Anyways I bought one because it looked classy and they claimed it just stuck onto the wall without the need for any screws etc. I was a bit scepitcal about that but there was screw holes fitted just in case and they offered a 14 money back guarrantee, but it fitted just great and looks a million bucks...no more digging the wall out for me when I want to change out a cable 'cos the one on my new games consol is different to the one that's already there......anyway check it out at iconceal.tv

At £45 it's a bit on the pricy side but a damn sight cheaper than getting a leccy in and a plasterer and a painter and decorator:hihi:

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone picks it up. There's no need to bury the cables in the wall anymore if you don't want to go to all the hassle and expense or just can't because your in a rented house or flat and yer landlord ain't keen on you digging his wall out !!. I saw this cable cover system being demonstrated by a company from Hull at Costco about 3 weeks back. Costco don't sell it yet and I think it's only available off the net.

Anyways I bought one because it looked classy and they claimed it just stuck onto the wall without the need for any screws etc. I was a bit scepitcal about that but there was screw holes fitted just in case and they offered a 14 money back guarrantee, but it fitted just great and looks a million bucks...no more digging the wall out for me when I want to change out a cable 'cos the one on my new games consol is different to the one that's already there......anyway check it out at iconceal.tv

At £45 it's a bit on the pricy side but a damn sight cheaper than getting a leccy in and a plasterer and a painter and decorator:hihi:

I somehow dont think that would look 'classy' above a fireplace. And at £45 for a piece of plastic junk, your having a larf!! Take your spam elsewhere.

not sure what you are taking Bonjon but you need to get your head straight. I don't do spam...in fact I hate it with a vengence. I'm just telling it as it is and you obviously don't know what it is you are commenting on cos the iConceal thing is made of aluminium not plastic junk...well I least the one I bought is....and if you think this type of stuff is "junk" then also check out bosscom.com and also vogels.com and you'll find two other companies that are making similar "junk". These guys woudn't make this stuff if there wasn't a demand for it so reel your neck in a bit mate and check your facts before launching in