Tony Capstick

Fully agree there pontious.

I can think of other presenters on Radio Sheffield who should have got the boot instead of Cappo.

There is another thread on this

here

According to the Star last week, Cappo has recently written a book about Appleby Horse fair.

I used to enjoy Capstick on Radio Sheffield and its a pity they found it necessary to kick him out. He did have a rather intellectual and adult sense of humour which I suspect may have had something to do with it. His taste in music was also very similar to mine. I only listen to the radio when commuting and at lunch time, but I think their current lunch time output is just drivel.

This is the press release.

Tony Capstick leaves BBC Radio Sheffield

BBC Radio Sheffield today announced that morning presenter Tony Capstick has left the station.

Managing Editor, Gary Keown, said: "Decisions like this are never easy and it's always sad when a presenter leaves, especially when they have been with a radio station for a long time - as is the case with Tony.

"However, we like to keep our programme schedule fresh and what is important for the future of this radio station is nurturing new talent to provide the best possible service to listeners in South Yorkshire and the North Midlands.

"Tony has been a presenter on BBC Radio Sheffield for many years and I would like to thank him for all he has done for the station."

Gerry Kersey and Jimmy Carrol will be standing in on the show over the next month and the station will be announcing a new schedule for the spring shortly.

Source

I like the bit about keeping the programme schedule fresh, Ha.

Guest Adam Adam

In actual fact Tony's once producer, David Markwell, had a pal called..Toby Foster aaand when Markwell moved onto the staff it wasn't long before Tony was moved to breakfast to make way for Markwells mucker. I have just listened to an interview of explorer Sir Ranulph Feins by Antonia Brickell and it appears Sir Ran is planning another expedition next year, this time to circumnavigate Toby Fosters head...Wow!! now that is an undertaking.

Adam.

There did seem a bit of the knife in the back at the time. I thought this David guy was given his first break by Cappo. He always appeared very pally with him. Oh well...what goes around comes around.

Guest Adam Adam

Markwell was pally with Tony but it appears he had his own agenda. I know Cappo personally and he is the most genuine person one could wish to know. He is down to earth and "real" He always used to say "what I do is no different from what anyone else does in whatever walk of life and certainly no more important, its just that I am known for being on radio." He is. I am happy to say, getting more acting work on Last of the Summer wine. I do think though, Radio Sheffield shot themselves in the foot with his removal. To me and lots of listeners I have talked to, Tony was Radio Sheffield.

Adam.

Originally posted by Adam Adam

In actual fact Tony's once producer, David Markwell, had a pal called..Toby Foster aaand when Markwell moved onto the staff it wasn't long before Tony was moved to breakfast to make way for Markwells mucker. I have just listened to an interview of explorer Sir Ranulph Feins by Antonia Brickell and it appears Sir Ran is planning another expedition next year, this time to circumnavigate Toby Fosters head...Wow!! now that is an undertaking.

Adam.

Er, in actual fact, I'd never met David until he asked me to cover the shows when Cappo went into hospital. And, in actual fact, Cappo never did breakfast.

Love

Toby

Guest Adam Adam

My mistake, I meant earlier slot, and anyway, thats my breakfast time. I stand corrected on that but not Sir Rans 2004 expedition, which is surely doomed to failure.

Love Adam.

Guest Adam Adam

.....and take a chill pill Tubby, I mean Toby, you know thirty five is the age when alot of men get heart attacks, esspessially if they are carrying a few extra pounds and are prone to stress. You should look after yourself better, take a few weeks off, let Bernard Manning sit in for you, I'm sure no one will notice the difference...well in physical appearence anyway.

Love

Adam.

Originally posted by Adam Adam

.....and take a chill pill Tubby, I mean Toby, you know thirty five is the age when alot of men get heart attacks, esspessially if they are carrying a few extra pounds and are prone to stress. You should look after yourself better, take a few weeks off, let Bernard Manning sit in for you, I'm sure no one will notice the difference...well in physical appearence anyway.

Love

Adam.

Heyup fella,

Don't worry about me, I'm as cool as milk. I just thought that if you're going to post facts on a messageboard they may as well be factual.

The only downside to fora like this is that there is the tendency to believe what is said, because once something is written down, it seems more likely to be true. People who read what you call facts have no way of knowing that you are wrong. Similarly, they have no way of knowing that you spend your entire afternoons emailing me, sometimes 30 mails in one show, whilst touching yourself.

Unless I tell them.:loopy:

TTFN

TDF

So who are you then Toby.

Do you present on Radio Sheffield.

I,m not a big listener of that station but had the pleasure of talking to Antonio last week, she presents a nice program.