Tony Capstick

Guest Guest

Anybody know where Cappo has got to, he's missing from the Radio Shffield line up again.

i heard he got the sack..

Guest Guest

I have been told there is a petition somewhere saying that we have no confidence in Radio Sheffield management for doing this. Anyone know where to go to sign this?

Yes, tony capstick has been sacked by radio sheffield, they said his programme did not come up to standard! halevan.Jan.29'03

Guest Guest

I really need to contact Tony, urgently....

If anyone has his contact info, please email me privately at load_cell (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks,

David Harris

Producer, Jake Thackray Project

Pity we won't hear Cappo on the radio anymore. I have not lived here very long, but when we first moved here I found the sense of humour and general attitute of his radio programme a reassurance that we had moved to somewhere that must be OK.

Guest Guest

I mailed Radio Sheffield to ask what was going on.

[edited]email was more than likely confidential - summary included instead.

They replied saying that Tony left the station 2 weeks ago following concerns on the quality of the programme and a number of seperate issues. They also added also mentioned that Tony will be missed.[/edited]

Guest Guest

Why is everyone getting wound up over Capstick? The Star's letters page is full of it.

HE WAS RUBBISH.

There you go, it's been said. He constantly sounded hung over, and could not string a sentence together.

Toby Foster is miles ahead of the game, and finally BBC Radio Sheffield is sounding fun. I wonder how many people have bothered to email the bosses at Radio Sheffield to say "well done".

Jen

Each to their own, hey?

He was considered too intellectual for Radio Sheffield's new target audience.

He was unceramoniously shunted to the breakfast show (which they knew wouldnt suit him) then basically, kicked out the back door.

Mind you, Toby Foster is doing a sterling job in the afters now!