Would you eat this??

Im a lorry driver and recently i went to nottingham, i stopped at a sandwich shop and asked for a "dripping cake", to my shock the lady behind the counter said "whats one of them then"?...i thought she was joking!!

So i explained in detail all about the "dripping cake"...to which she replied " oh you dont eat that do you"?...has the country gone mad or am i in the world of healthy eating?...i ended up with a cheese balm cake??...whatever that was.....it looked just like a cheese butty to me!

Think i will take pakkin up from now!

Im a lorry driver and recently i went to nottingham, i stopped at a sandwich shop and asked for a "dripping cake", to my shock the lady behind the counter said "whats one of them then"?...i thought she was joking!!

So i explained in detail all about the "dripping cake"...to which she replied " oh you dont eat that do you"?...has the country gone mad or am i in the world of healthy eating?...i ended up with a cheese balm cake??...whatever that was.....it looked just like a cheese butty to me!

Think i will take pakkin up from now!

Don't blame u lol, I love drippin but can never buy it from a sarnie shop anymore! I'm gutted!

Barm cake ;):thumbsup:

just the same as the average breadbun/breadcake/teacake/bap/cob in other parts of the country ;)

As for the dripping bit.... :gag: we'll visit you in coronary care i'm sure....

When I was a *whispers* Social Worker, I placed a man in a residential home and I wrote into the contract that he had to have bread and dripping every day!!

He was happy as Larry once we'd signed up! He would've done a (very slow)runner without his dripping...:)

He is a trucker and that is proper trucker nosh. Lard sarnie, yummy.

Does anyone call chip butties.... chip muffins???

Whats wrong with sausage and egg?:thumbsup:

No, but I have heard that muffin the mule is a criminal offence.

Yes! I'm from Oldham originally and there it's called a chip muffin, meaning chips in a breadcake (a muffin). Over there a chip butty is 2 slices of bread with chips in.

I've had more arguments on this subject than just about anything!

Yes! I'm from Oldham originally and there it's called a chip muffin, meaning chips in a breadcake (a muffin). Over there a chip butty is 2 slices of bread with chips in.

I've had more arguments on this subject than just about anything!

Let's argue that a breadcake is a teacake then.

Ha perhaps its just in Oldham then!!!

I took a photo in Slowboat on yorkshire street once just to prove it to my housemates!!

Brilliant!

I used to like a good sarni with potted dog, but I used to get very strange looks when ordering it other than in sheffield....