Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

I had a yamaha FS1E (fizzy) in the late seventies. 60 mph on a 50 cc moped with pedals attached. Pure madness.

Yeh yeh!! I know different!

There are Fs1es about that do 60 but even with todays technology very few and i could probably name them ALL.

Have a look at this,Bolney to Brighton only a few weeks ago,we had over 125 bikes mostly mopeds,although i was on the xt500 at about 30 secs.I provide the support van and need to get around a little quicker.

And

http://www.fs1e.co.uk

Edited by Xt500

unbelievable those mopeds come a long way baby

Yeh yeh!! I know different!

There are Fs1es about that do 60 but even with todays technology very few and i could probably name them ALL.

Have a look at this,Bolney to Brighton only a few weeks ago,we had over 125 bikes mostly mopeds,although i was on the xt500 at about 30 secs.I provide the support van and need to get around a little quicker.

http://www.fs1e.co.uk

I once got nicked going down station road woodhouse at over 60 on a fs1e.

Granted it was downhill but you could get 60 out of them.

I saw the equivellent suzuki of the time at a show last weekend, mint condition and the owner said he just gets 50 out of it.

It is on ebay now for £2500 or bids.

hmmm my first bike was a yellow honda melody 2 express 3 honda c90 then the list gets endless just about every bike you could name lol 2 wheels if you havnt used em you never lived doing 100+ mph on a {secluded ? private rd } at 3 am with no traffic that feeling stays with you for ever better than sex {but dont tell me wife that }

I saw the equivellent suzuki of the time at a show last weekend, mint condition and the owner said he just gets 50 out of it.

fs1e awsome little bikes much like the c90 engine so light you could pick it up under ur arm not had one for years but the yamaha yb100 old one was much the same and 60+ was easy but unstable and wobbly lol

The Suzuki ap50 was/is a touch faster than the Fs1e due to having the fifth gear they will show a speed of 50 on the clock in the right conditions as standard but as with all speedos,they are fast and the true speed on the flat is probably around 45/46.

Ap50's as with all sportsmoped have seen a big increase in value over the last few years an original one needing a restore will do £800-£1500,the rest is down to how good they are finished,ive seen fs1es being priced up at £5000 not bad for a bike that cost around £300 new.

The Suzuki ap50 was/is a touch faster than the Fs1e due to having the fifth gear they will show a speed of 50 on the clock in the right conditions as standard but as with all speedos,they are fast and the true speed on the flat is probably around 45/46.

Ap50's as with all sportsmoped have seen a big increase in value over the last few years an original one needing a restore will do £800-£1500,the rest is down to how good they are finished,ive seen fs1es being priced up at £5000 not bad for a bike that cost around £300 new.

£295 from smiths on spital hill.

Can you remember the exact same bike but a year before fs1e came out?

I think it was about L reg and had an orange/rust coloured tank.

£295 from smiths on spital hill.

Can you remember the exact same bike but a year before fs1e came out?

I think it was about L reg and had an orange/rust coloured tank.

I had one a dec 72 Yamaha SS 50 (RXF 28L) as they were called.They came in only one colour candy gold.

Yamaha had to rebadge the fs1e in 1973 they badged it the fs1 the 'e' was for europe several diferent endings were used depeding on where they were sold.

The reason for the rebadging was that Honda had called their 50 the SS and kicked off at Yamaha who then rebadged.

The first fs1e's were all popsicle purple.

Yes,i know a little ............

I had one a dec 72 Yamaha SS 50 (RXF 28L) as they were called.They came in only one colour candy gold.

Yamaha had to rebadge the fs1e in 1973 they badged it the fs1 the 'e' was for europe several diferent endings were used depeding on where they were sold.

The reason for the rebadging was that Honda had called their 50 the SS and kicked off at Yamaha who then rebadged.

The first fs1e's were all popsicle purple.

Yes,i know a little ............

I had the SS50 first then.

Thanks for the info and the website link it brings back memories.

I have considered getting one for old times sake but I think my weight would tear it's guts out. LOL.

I WAS WONDERING IF A HONDA SHADOW 125 WOULD BE OK FOR ME?.

My first bike was an Ariel 350, then a BSA 500 twin, then a BSA 650 twin, then a Norton ES2, finally a Royal Enfield 750 twin.Then at my wife's insistance a Ford Popular,

I had the SS50 first then.

Thanks for the info and the website link it brings back memories.

I have considered getting one for old times sake but I think my weight would tear it's guts out. LOL.

I WAS WONDERING IF A HONDA SHADOW 125 WOULD BE OK FOR ME?.

the shadow is a big robust bike should cope with the bigger fella :hihi: the v twin engines in them arnt the fastest thou but with a little tuneing ect you should get 75 out of it

honda placcy field bike on norton airdroam then yam ty 50,fizz,gp100,s.dream,,,,now 07 z750!