Motorbikes - Do you remember your first one?

my first bike was a 1948 Bsa side valve, when i was 16 in 1951.

yes nimrod my husband remembers those bikes that you and your dad had, he has been really interested in this thread , he is currently looking for an old basket case british bike to restore. Boys never grow up!!

Red Honda CB175,DDH 580L.From Jeff Hall at his old shop on Langset Rd.£325 I think.

A 1952 James Captain in 1959 with a 197cc Villiers engine.

b.s.a c15 250cc from leather and simpsons 1957 no helmet or experiance requirde kick it up jump on ride it home to a b c streets never ridden one in my life still here 71yrs old happy days

Yamaha fs1e.

Actually the one the year before it which was identical.

I went in a mens Clothes store in Denver last month and they had a pristine Triton Dresda on a pedestal in the middle of the store.

Tried to buy it from them but no luck

I went in a mens Clothes store in Denver last month and they had a pristine Triton Dresda on a pedestal in the middle of the store.

you just trying to show me up what on earth is a Triton dresda ,must be way after my time:confused::confused:

Lovely thread this. I got my first 'bike at the relatavely late age of 40. I'd never ridden one in my life and needed transport to get to my job in the middle of nowhere from where I lived, also in the middle of nowhere. It was a Honda 125. No big deal but it scared the crap out of me at first. When I found out the rudiments of getting it to go I let the clutch in, grabbed a big handfull of throttle and wheelied for about 50 yards but managed to stay on. Over the next few years I went from a Honda 250 and a Honda CX 500, I sold the CX for a £100 in 1985, a bargain, serviced up to the hilt. The guy I sold it to just ran it into the ground. I guess I got scared in case I had a bad one, so now I'm in a car like all the rest. Never will I forget 'bikes though, the only way to fly.

It's a Dresda tuned Triumph engine in a Norton "featherbed" frame.

Nothing could touch it in it's day